^It's not apocalyptic, it's just amusing to see how delusional/non-forthcoming Metrolinx is when it comes to admitting that this project is delayed.

Given that the vehicles are in arrival/test mode, the MSF is substantially complete, and the tracks are in place on the west end, I could see a staged opening, especially so there’s a ribbon cutting well before the Spring 2022 election.

Mount Dennis to Cedarvale could be done and opened first.

I don't think it'll open on time, but i don't think its also the apocalyptic delay that others on UT are claiming.
I agree. This isn't opening september 2021, but it's not going to open in 2025 either. I imagine fall 2022 is more realistic, provided things continue at a proper clip from here.

This was how Eglinton Station on the Yonge Subway (now Line 1) looked in 1954, when it was opened. The addition of more conduits and alterations would come later. LED lights and information screens would also come later.

20171122-eglinton-new-swoosh.jpg-resize-_opacity_100-frame_bg_color_FFF-h_2500-gravity_center-q_70-preserve_ratio_true-w_1400_.webp

I agree. This isn't opening september 2021, but it's not going to open in 2025 either. I imagine fall 2022 is more realistic, provided things continue at a proper clip from here.
I can see only Mount Dennis to Cedarvale opening on September 2021 at the earliest (Cedarvale to Kennedy obviously will not open by then).

It looked so austere and utilitarian upon opening. No wonder people compared the stations to public washrooms. Now, instead of Vitrolite tiles, they just leave the concrete shell exposed. Stodgy old Toronto will be a distant memory once they get the idea to put up panels of granite, terracotta, artistic cuts of metal, or ornamental textured concrete panels.

I can see only Mount Dennis to Cedarvale opening on September 2021 at the earliest (Cedarvale to Kennedy obviously will not open by then).
What about the surface section? Kennedy to Laird is progressing pretty well.

I live right on the line near Fairbank station and I can confidently say they’re making really good progress on the western stations. I moved in to my unit in April and between then and now a substantial amount of work has been completed. The station box design is really simple so once they get to grade it’s just a matter of erecting some steel, precast and glass, and the box is mostly done to the point where they can do interior work.

I was talking about this with a friend of mine, but I think that for the past few years a lot of the work has taken place out of sight or underground, however this year will be the year that you’ll see station boxes appearing where holes used to be, with more noticeable work happening above grade.

As another poster said, I wouldn’t be surprised if they do a phased opening, with mount Dennis to cedarvale as phase 1, cedarvale to Eglinton as phase 2, and Eglinton to Kennedy as phase 3.

You don't check the thecrosstown.ca website that often? See link.

DECKING REMOVAL AT SCIENCE CENTRE STATION
DON MILLS ROAD AND EGLINTON AVENUE EAST
WHAT WORK IS TAKING PLACE?
Science Centre Station has advanced to a state to allow the temporary traffic deck to be removed from the roadway. The removal will take place in two stages, the first stage (depicted below) will begin as early as February 7, 2020 and continue for approximately two (2) months. The removal of the decking will improve road surface quality.​

I would check back at the Science Centre Station in May, 2020.

No one is saying that parts of the line east of Cedarvale won't be ready by September 2021. I could easily see some stations being done, or sections of the at-grade portion being done.

The bigger issue is that if Cedarvale (or further behind, Yonge-Eglinton) aren't ready by September 2021 then service cannot continue east of that point. Whether the TTC would want to open the line in segments is another question altogether, and pure speculation at this point.

Back