News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

They still got a bit of work to do. If everything is done underneath. I don’t see why they can’t install the rest of the tracks in a month time. There’s no special works, just straight tracks.

They still got a bit of work to do. If everything is done underneath. I don’t see why they can’t install the rest of the tracks in a month time. There’s no special works, just straight tracks.
They have been test running light rail vehicles since November, 2021. And they have been still running the Line 1 trains through both Eglinton & Eglinton West (Cedarvale) Stations.

They have been test running light rail vehicles since November, 2021. And they have been still running the Line 1 trains through both Eglinton & Eglinton West (Cedarvale) Stations.
I was referring to Line 6 since that was the comment made. Seems like Line 6 vehicles are running faster than Line 5 vehicles in videos, Line 6 seems to be performing better.

I should note that Metrolinx has their own parking lot at Kennedy LRT Station that is complete, but not open. Will Metrolinx offer free parking like they do for the GO Station with paid reserve spots or will they do the TTC paid lot thing? Too early to see pay parking equipment up.

there's still quite a bit of utility relocation work to be done in the finch/signet to finch/milvan area, imo trackwork should be done by spring 2023

Given what I have seen the last few days, things are behind schedule with an opening date pf summer or fall 2023, well in advance of Finch. I have yet to look at Finch since my last visit earlier this year as it out of my way. Hope to so this week, subject to weather and time.

What is taking place unseen by us is where the big issue is with Yonge being the biggest of them all. Only when Yonge is finish, will the line open 100%.

Isn't Finch to open in 2024?
Drove some parts of Finch today on the west side down to the Islington bridge where I was scouting. Work is ongoing, but there are several spots where the road crosses the middle of the proposed tracks and so work hasn't been started yet. The station at Humber is under wraps, presumably for winter so no point in taking any video there, sorry. Can't see this opening until late next year at the earliest. Depends on the winter weather I guess.

Do you mean by the large white building that Metrolinx built next to the station? I don't think that there is enough room for it to be anything other than employee parking.
You need to look at the site to see how many car spots are there and not an employee lot. There room to go all the way to Kennedy Rd in the future.

These need fixing
133A4704.JPG
133A4705.JPG

You need to look at the site to see how many car spots are there and not an employee lot. There room to go all the way to Kennedy Rd in the future.

These need fixing
View attachment 439209View attachment 439210
It will probably just be additional spots for the TTC lot I don't really think anyone is going to park there just for the Go train even with the silly idea of adding more staio0nts to go line and ruining more trains so that more people in Toronto will use it to go downtown.

It will probably just be additional spots for the TTC lot I don't really think anyone is going to park there just for the Go train even with the silly idea of adding more staio0nts to go line and ruining more trains so that more people in Toronto will use it to go downtown.
Its for the LRT

Back