News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

In a report to the next meeting of the Infrastructure and Environment Ctte, we learn that the City has managed to wrangle an extra 5M out of Mx towards road resurfacing and will be resurfacing much of Eglinton over the tunneled sections of the Crosstown this year and next.

I don't see a mention of implementing Eglinton Connects, or the bike lanes at least, with this work, I would hope they do.

I don't see a mention of implementing Eglinton Connects, or the bike lanes at least, with this work, I would hope they do.

My understanding is that changes that are contemplated under Eglinton Connects, that do not require road reconstruction, will be delivered as part of this work.

Changes that do require reconstruction will wait.

This is not big bucks, it likely represents about 15M in work, excluding anything funded out of the cycling budget.

Let's hope that the road resurfacing contractors dont puncture a hole through the Crosstown tunnel which would necessitate some more non-service ;)

On that note, maybe the city will get Sanscon to do the work! This is so exciting, I cant take all the suspense.

In a report to the next meeting of the Infrastructure and Environment Ctte, we learn that the City has managed to wrangle an extra 5M out of Mx towards road resurfacing and will be resurfacing much of Eglinton over the tunneled sections of the Crosstown this year and next.

Im willing to bet that the 15M in required road repairs has already resulted in 30M in damaged vehicle tires, wheels, shocks and steering...

This video does a great job of explaining what happened with regard to the opening date moving around the way it did. However, listening to all the ways that Mertolinx has communicated the revisions feels like a PR disaster and that there is something extremely messy they do not want the public to know of.

1 things for sure, metrolinx never set expectations properly for the construction, When they took it over from the ttc the original completion date of 2020 kept getting publicly mentioned. they never corrected the record

1 things for sure, metrolinx never set expectations properly for the construction, When they took it over from the ttc the original completion date of 2020 kept getting publicly mentioned. they never corrected the record
They're going to run into the same issue with Line 10 in Mississauga and Brampton. They're sticking with saying end of 2024 but it really is end of 2025 or 2026.

They're going to run into the same issue with Line 10 in Mississauga and Brampton. They're sticking with saying end of 2024 but it really is end of 2025 or 2026.
Really? I think if it were not for the buried sections of Line 5 it would be open in 2022 or sooner without the pandemic. Is the Hurontario LRT that far behind schedule if it is all surface-level?

Really? I think if it were not for the buried sections of Line 5 it would be open in 2022 or sooner without the pandemic. Is the Hurontario LRT that far behind schedule if it is all surface-level?

Yeah. Highway 407 overpass is only now being widened for the LRT. The elevated section at the 403 isn’t yet complete. There are many sections where the guideway hasn’t been built yet, never mind tracks installed. It’s only Derry-Courtney Park and Britannia-Eglinton that looks anywhere near ready.

They recently dug out the center of Hurontario around Central Parkway / Fairview and that area. But the tracks aren’t laid yet, at least not the last time I looked.

The substantial completion was to be by the end of this year compared to having the line in service by Sept 2024 and will see substantial completion in mid 2025 now. Service may happen by the end of 2025 as Ford needs to cut the ribbon before the reelection process starts for him in 2026 to have something in place as a shown and tell how he is building transit.

One only has to ride the bus or drive the route to see where it is today. Other than one half of the 407 overpass has been rebuilt for the LRT, still have to do the other haft yet. The northbound traffic cannot be shifted to the southbound lanes until the backfilling can take place which maybe happen now with the milder weather than in the spring along with building the road and sidewalk for the new half.

They started to build the elevated section June 2022 and will not be completed until the summer. MTO only issued the permit for the bridge over the 403 with no north pier built for it yet and in the process of doing the south one.

A bury section can take up to 5 times longer to build compared to a surface line along with cost of doing it.

Go to my Flickr site for the LRT that is broken down into 23 zones to see where construction stands for the line. Testing of the cars was to start this month from the OMSF to Matheson and cannot as not all the tracks and guideway is built for it. Most of all, there is no OS in place from the OMSF to Matheson with poles only going up now. I understand the yard is strung considering it wasn't in January and will have a look this weekend.

Then there is the bogie issue as these cars are the same ones as Ottawa cars with the first car in Kingston doing testing there as well testing the bogies that will be used to replace the Ottawa cars as well the Hurontario and Finch cars.

See notes above as well.

Back