News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

The hallway connects the existing station concourse via the passageway leading to the community centre/GO platforms, which is what most passengers would transfer to. The staircase, on the other hand, takes you up to street level.
Are you saying that door at the end of the hall is on a temporary wall or that something is around a corner at the end of the hall?

As usual, no LRV's out testing when I visited the line today as a crew was doing trackwork at Sloane station switches area.

The empty GO Station waiting area at Kennedy station cannot be open until the line opens.

Those nice photos of the connection between the LRT and the subway are still behind boarded up entrances.

I'm not sure who the waterline and storm water system are for on the south side of the main Kennedy LRT entrance.

Are you saying that door at the end of the hall is on a temporary wall or that something is around a corner at the end of the hall?
`
On the current concourse level at Kennedy subway station below the bus bays there is a hallway that is currently an unpaid walkway to the go train platform However along it there are two entrances to the new LRT platforms. At some point they will have to make that hallway into a fare paid area because the would be no way to access the LRT from the fare paid zone or for people who get off the LRT to access the subway or buses at Kennedy without having to go through the current faregate lines which would be way to small for the capacity of the LRT to be useful or safe.

Also, beside the current entrance from the parking lot and kiss and ride area there is another entrance from the new building as well. Ther problem is nobody sems to know how exactly all of these areas are supposed to tie into each other or when it’; s going to happen. Personally, I think they need to open the new areas aside from the LRT platforms as soon as posable so that pole can get used to the new traffic patterns in the station.

The empty GO Station waiting area at Kennedy station cannot be open until the line opens.
that sounds completely dumb and stupid if that is the case it should open before the line so that people can get used to new routes before they open the LRT. If this is only your opinion with no facts then don't bother posting it because it adds nothing helpful to the conversation at all.

`
On the current concourse level at Kennedy subway station below the bus bays there is a hallway that is currently an unpaid walkway to the go train platform However along it there are two entrances to the new LRT platforms. At some point they will have to make that hallway into a fare paid area because the would be no way to access the LRT from the fare paid zone or for people who get off the LRT to access the subway or buses at Kennedy without having to go through the current faregate lines which would be way to small for the capacity of the LRT to be useful or safe.

Also, beside the current entrance from the parking lot and kiss and ride area there is another entrance from the new building as well. Ther problem is nobody sems to know how exactly all of these areas are supposed to tie into each other or when it’; s going to happen. Personally, I think they need to open the new areas aside from the LRT platforms as soon as posable so that pole can get used to the new traffic patterns in the station.
The entrance photo was one reason why I visited the station today to see if it was open or still boarded up like it has been on all my trips through the station. There are two in that corridor with the east one being haft the size as the west one.

Again, another example of not meeting riders/users' needs and getting used to the new route. The accessibly user is getting the shaft with no working elevators these days there.

that sounds completely dumb and stupid if that is the case it should open before the line so that people can get used to new routes before they open the LRT. If this is only your opinion with no facts then don't bother posting it because it adds nothing helpful to the conversation at all.
Well I find his information pertinent and informative, even if it may be an opinion

Well I find his information pertinent and informative, even if it may be an opinion
why? He has no official source for it and it, also as he pointed out in his last post there is no elevator access right now to Kennedy station from the go train platforms which has been the case for awhile now.

The entrance photo was one reason why I visited the station today to see if it was open or still boarded up like it has been on all my trips through the station. There are two in that corridor with the east one being haft the size as the west one.

Again, another example of not meeting riders/users' needs and getting used to the new route. The accessibly user is getting the shaft with no working elevators these days there.
and this is why Metrolinx need to get their act together and open up what they can of the station so people can access it properly. Hopefully during the upcoming closures of Kennedy stion they can do some work on it

why? He has no official source for it and it, also as he pointed out in his last post there is no elevator access right now to Kennedy station from the go train platforms which has been the case for awhile now.
That elevator for GO has been out of service for at least 3 years if not longer.

Of course, there is no official source since no one wants to post things related to the Crosstown and GO station as well TTC not keeping info of things for it My last visit to the station was in Dec 2023 that been part of a numbers of visited to it as well using the SRT before it shut down. I photographed the entrance before it was hoarded up and several times since then, but not on my last trip.

and this is why Metrolinx need to get their act together and open up what they can of the station so people can access it properly. Hopefully during the upcoming closures of Kennedy stion they can do some work on it
One can say Yonge should be added to the Kennedy station and other stations that should be open now than later, but has a permit been issued to do that? Until a permit is issued for them, they must remain close to the public regardless of whether they should be open.

That elevator for GO has been out of service for at least 3 years if not longer.

Of course, there is no official source since no one wants to post things related to the Crosstown and GO station as well TTC not keeping info of things for it My last visit to the station was in Dec 2023 that been part of a numbers of visited to it as well using the SRT before it shut down. I photographed the entrance before it was hoarded up and several times since then, but not on my last trip.

One can say Yonge should be added to the Kennedy station and other stations that should be open now than later, but has a permit been issued to do that? Until a permit is issued for them, they must remain close to the public regardless of whether they should be open.
There are elevators at union that have been OOS for 10 years now :/

For what it's worth, in the last Metrolinx board meeting they indicated all occupancy permits were in for the major stations.

For what it's worth, in the last Metrolinx board meeting they indicated all occupancy permits were in for the major stations.
Leaside is still fenced off, which suggests that it doesn't yet have an occupancy permit. I'm not sure it qualifies as a "major station", but I'm biased as I will be using it to go to work

Leaside is still fenced off, which suggests that it doesn't yet have an occupancy permit. I'm not sure it qualifies as a "major station", but I'm biased as I will be using it to go to work
Mt Pleasant is too, and it received an occupancy permit about a year ago.

I would not assume that a particular station having an occupancy permit would be reason enough to stop preventing the general public from accessing the property yet.

Dan

Reactions: PL1

Back