Yeah... so true :D

The glass is becoming more welcomed as more panels go in... It actually looks nice alongside the colour of it's podium!

Are the residential floors all topped off?

****Fabulous shots...

It's really funny how I haven't been to Yonge/Bloor area in about 4 months :eek:

I don't know why?.... I've done plenty of updates/visits to every other but I always seem to miss how exciting these 2 projects are!...

I GOTTA GET DOWN THERE!

Yes, those cut-outs are a cautionary tale of pushing a 'theme' concept too far in design.

Finally some quality limestone cladding and it's completely ruined by those crystal. I say, someone needs to be shot.

Let's just see how it all comes together when it's done re: the crystal pieces. I like it, I think it'll work.

took this photo over the weekend, got dark on me... :(

oh well....

sany1437y.jpg

While surprisingly, I don't find the crystal cut outs as tacky as the rest, I am glad this building wasn't built on Yonge, and the crystals can hide safely behind.

I also didn't realize how dramatically these buildings would change the look of Y&B.

I know Caltrane!!!.. I HATE this darn weather :mad: ... It gets dark at like 5:30!!!... After 3 attempts earlier on in the fall... I had 3 FAILED attempts for updates cause it got to dark by the time i got there :mad:

But at least you got us a great pic :)

Uptown is REALLY catchin up to the crystal :eek:

I know Caltrane!!!.. I HATE this darn weather :mad: ... It gets dark at like 5:30!!!... After 3 attempts earlier on in the fall... I had 3 FAILED attempts for updates cause it got to dark by the time i got there :mad:

But at least you got us a great pic :)

Uptown is REALLY catchin up to the crystal :eek:

10-2 is the best time to shoot until next spring. Even then, the angle of the sun can do a number on what you are trying to shoot. Then, is there is sun light?

The amount of time or opportunity to photo shooting these days are small for me. It will become less once the snow starts to fly as well the coooooooold weather set in.

Grab any shots you can these days. Things will slow down on various projects in the coming months that are not enclosed.

AWESOME shot of Yonge Street/Crystal Blu by my bro Sammo on Skyscraperpage.com... not to mention Casa!

4136614131_1ebaccc379_b.jpg

Respect to him :D

***How can i make this a candidate for Picture of the Day?... or do the admins just choose themselves?...

Sammo For the Win!

Last edited:
took this photo over the weekend, got dark on me... :(

oh well....

sany1437y.jpg

This is an another interesting shot from Caltrane.
Perhaps its the perspective, but damn, those buildings look close to each other.
I was up there a couple of months ago, and I can't believe I didn't pick up on this.
Anybody know the exact distance between these two buildings?
Seems to me if you are a resident in either of these facing condos, you want to be careful scratching your private parts, because you are going to have an audience thirty feet away ( or is it less?).

Back