Photo: Crystal Blu
courtesy: myself
Hieght: 129 Meters
Progress: Glass Installation/Roof Forming

4282130644_12ca0323c7.jpg

Jan 16-10

Not sure why the top couple floors windows look different from the rest of the floors other than how the light is hitting it.
IMG_jan-16-10-0113.jpg

IMG_jan-16-10-0111.jpg

IMG_jan-16-10-0132.jpg

IMG_jan-16-10-0133.jpg

IMG_jan-16-10-0142.jpg

the roof of Crystal looks kinda retarded now... i know that its still under construction but it looks weird for some reason...

I agree ... I believe the difference in glass colours is simply a reflection from adjacent buildings vs reflection of the sky

There is, however, a much paler (undeniably so) strip of windows in a separate shade, like the panels at SPIRE but all lining up. In Caltrane's shot above, you can SLIGHTLY see it although it barely shows at that angle.

I think it is interesting that Crystal Blu is such a prominent terminus from two side streets (seen from Hayden Street, it shows off its slender side).

From St. Nicholas & Wellesley (pic taken a couple weeks ago):

4321133490_418af55403.jpg

Nice shot, Greenleaf!

Also, it shows the racing stripe of lightly coloured panels. (Think SPIRE Condo, except they are not alternating colours and are just a vertical line.) They signify where the floorplans change.

I had never noticed that view before, and I use that laneway all the time. I wonder if Uptown will enhance or detract from the effect

I agree ^^^

Awesome perspective there! it would be really cool to own a suite facing that view so you could look down the street! Uptown will creep behind crystal and it might clash with the design!

I'd not noticed that either, I usually walk south on St. Nicholas and hit the Rabba at Wellesley Street on my way home.
Uptown should add some drama to that view when it rises 80 or 90 feet behind Blu. It would have been much more dramatic from all vantage points had Crystal Blu actually turned out blue.

Here's some shots i took from today!!!

Crystal Blu from Yonge/College:

4323210781_cd63c03d55_b.jpg

Yorkville skyline Cluster (Crystal and X)

4323196971_fce804fdac_b.jpg

All photos by me: steveve :)

February 1 2010 update

View from Northeast - Crystal Blu = backrow
Click to Enlarge

View from Southwest

Seems odd that one column of spandrels are different color, and it has nothing to do with reflection ~

Back