This morning:

DSCN5910.jpg

DSCN5909.jpg

DSCN5908.jpg

I think that there is no doubt now that Crystal Blu is, in fact blue -- albeit a washed-out blue-grey instead of a vivid sky blue. The second photo above, showing the contrast between the genuinely grey concrete and the blue cladding, makes that clear.

Just saying.

There is a definitive blue tone to the building. Not all colours need to be balls to the wall saturated. the subtle tone is a refreshing change from the brash hues mostly used today.

You need your eyes checked, that is not blue. This is Toronto grey. What would this city be without it's ubiquitous grey? (more interesting, maybe?)

Walk into any hardware store and pick up a strip of paint chips. At one end is an easily definable colour. At the other end is what that same tone looks like when significantly diluted, with all the gradations of dilution filling the spaces between them.

Crystal Blu is the diluted paint chip at the end of one of those strips. Yes there is a blue cast to that building... under certain light conditions. Does that mean the building will be identified by the average passerby as being blu? I mean blue? No. Only an sociopath would identify this building as primarily blue. Does sociopathy stop some marketing decisions from happening? Not always.

This was our first look at this project, back in May 2006:

CrystalBlu.jpg

So it never looked that blue, but it still looked one more paint chip blue than what we got.

Last edited:
Only an sociopath would identify this building as primarily blue.

Wow. So I'm a sociopath and never knew it!

Sorry, I have to go now. The voices in my head tell me I must perform another ritual murder before the termites eat my flesh. :D

You called it a "washed-out blue-grey", so you're out not part of the sociopath camp Mongo. On the edge, well, sure!

its not surprising that the results are a bit of a letdown, given that they promoted the project using ads like this:

88217d13.png

Wow. So I'm a sociopath and never knew it!

Sorry, I have to go now. The voices in my head tell me I must perform another ritual murder before the termites eat my flesh. :D

No, that would make you a schizophrenic.

I agree with those that say they didn't deliver on the Blue. Condo marketing has become a joke IMO. The end product has nothing to do with the marketing campaign. No matter how they market these things, in the end most seem to be boring boxes raising up into the sky. Be sure to see thru this when you go to presentation centers.

Back