^^Local? As opposed to KPMB, architectsAlliance, and oh, say Diamond Schmitt ? The architect, while working for a local firm, is, I believe Hungarian.

p5

KPMB, aA, and D+S are all very well established. It's nice to see a relatively unknown local get some work in Toronto, especially one who is on the rise.

And he is a local. He went to high school with my brother, in Toronto. You must be thinking of his father.

Is there a link to seeing that picture bigger?

This is really good news. As an Apple crazed maniac, its good to see that Apple is looking to put a store in Yorkville. No doubt Jobs and Co. will make quite the splash, should they get the space.

Apple would want Bloor Street exposure, not Cumberland. There was talk that Apple could go in to 1BE.

A crappy scan from the Globe and Mail:

2869660839_4412fa5e3e_b.jpg

I gather this is the northwest corner of the development site?? assuming Cumberland in in the forground with Bay Street to the right?

With all those lanes on the road (at least 4 one way) it looks like it's fronting onto University. Last time I checked Cumberland only had 1 lane each way

If these guys could configure it, they might consider running a diagonal retail galleria from the northwest corner of Yonge & Bloor curving over to the southeast corner of Bay & Cumberland. They could pick up traffic from Yonge, Bloor and Yorkville.

I suspect is the 'artistic impression' that skews the road width shown marcus ... yeah I agree with you that the rendering shows a road more like University Ave

that wouldn't make sense, where would 2 Bloor West (CIBC) be?

Never mind, I just read the article and understand how the building is oriented.

I was thinking they were talking about the stretch of Yonge from Bloor to Cumberland (hence 2 Bloor St W thread).
I see it's the strip along Cumberland between Yonge and Bay that they are referring to.

Back