I’m curious to see how the west tower top is going to be finished. Not excited - just curious.
Taken 7:40pm Tuesday.
B6AECE95-6C4B-4040-9B56-74BA1998B580.jpeg
7B41FFD6-D998-41B9-8208-2586089DD3A5.jpeg

The construction elevator on the west tower is being dismantled (yesterday and today) and we just noticed some flags (bunting) on the roof of the east tower - did the construction guys have a party or have people started to move in?

The construction elevator on the west tower is being dismantled (yesterday and today) and we just noticed some flags (bunting) on the roof of the east tower - did the construction guys have a party or have people started to move in?

If the guys have a party they wouldn't be having it on the roof. The flags look like they're strung up there as a bump line. If you're working at heights and can't put up safety fences around the edge you need to string out a rope or flags or something a few feet back from the edge so that everyone knows if they're getting too close.

I'm guessing that the combination of roof work and panel work means that there's nowhere to mount fences (can't drill them into the slab, can't mount them to the parapet), so they're just running a bump line for now. Then once they get occupancy and the trades are off site they'll just roll up the lines.

They are taking down the construction fencing along Lower Jarvis today and have made good progress on that sidewalk. The sidewalk on the Lake Shore Blvd side is also coming along and the one on Richardson St is almost finished. The construction elevator/hoist on west tower is still there up to about Floor 10 and I do not think any has been removed since Saturday.

The Yard is shaping up nicely
The Yard is shaping up Nicely
I'm interested to see what material they use for the roof of The Yard and also how the roof structure will finalize. I'm hoping they use something slightly transparent - it would be nice to allow light to penetrate through.

Last edited:
I'm interested to see what material they use for the roof of The Yard and also how the roof structure will finalize. I'm hoping they use something slightly transparent - it would be nice to allow light to penetrate through.

And even if it's not, it's only a small section of the yard that has a roof.

Back