One of the more unintelligent phrases to gain popularity in the past decade.
In some circumstances, this phrase rather spears the situation well. This is most certainly not one of them. /le sigh

Does anyone know when they are going to finish the mechanical box / roof? The glass doesn't match the pattern of the rest of the building

Does anyone know when they are going to finish the mechanical box / roof? The glass doesn't match the pattern of the rest of the building
The consensus around here is that they ARE finished - which explains the general hate directed at this project by UTers.

I think it's working as intended unfortunately. :(

Reactions: DSC
I think it's working as intended unfortunately. :(

My parents bought a unit here and recieved this email today from property management. Thank heavens:

Please be advised that in the upcoming days, Daniels Corporation (the Developer), will be undertaking a project involving the replacement of the exterior metal paneling of the Mechanical Penthouse.

As you may have noticed, overhead protection has been installed on the sidewalk of Lower Jarvis Street in preparation for this work.

The work is set to take 6 to 8 weeks, weather dependent. The replacement will begin on the North-West side of the building and will continue over to the South-West side.

Due to the scope of work, and as required by Municipal and Provincial guidelines; some units will not be able to access/use their balconies for 1 – 2 weeks at a time. A forthcoming notice will indicate timelines and the list of units affected by the balcony closures.

Access to those units will be also required for the purposes of locking and unlocking the balcony door.

Say what you will about this building, but it stopped me dead in my tracks while walking on Jarvis earlier this evening.

...okay, most of it was attributed to the beautiful golden hour light.

Straight out of (cell phone) camera shot with obvious editing just for my tag.

IMG_20201013_181631.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20201013_181631.jpg
    IMG_20201013_181631.jpg
    253.2 KB · Views: 251
Say what you will about this building, but it stopped me dead in my tracks while walking on Jarvis earlier this evening.

...okay, most of it was attributed to the beautiful golden hour light.

Straight out of (cell phone) camera shot with obvious editing just for my tag.

View attachment 276544
When the real world forgets to turn on anti-aliasing 🤣

Back