Digging away.

FullSizeRender 4.jpg

Attachments

• FullSizeRender 4.jpg
    FullSizeRender 4.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 1,673
More renderings from Claude Cormier's website.
lower-jarvis-1.jpg
lower-jarvis-24.jpg
lower-jarvis-5.jpg
lower-jarvis-4.jpg
lower-jarvis-6.jpg

Attachments

• lower-jarvis-1.jpg
    lower-jarvis-1.jpg
    425.3 KB · Views: 1,493
  • lower-jarvis-24.jpg
    lower-jarvis-24.jpg
    741.2 KB · Views: 1,443
  • lower-jarvis-5.jpg
    lower-jarvis-5.jpg
    448.2 KB · Views: 1,512
  • lower-jarvis-4.jpg
    lower-jarvis-4.jpg
    408.2 KB · Views: 1,400
  • lower-jarvis-6.jpg
    lower-jarvis-6.jpg
    466.6 KB · Views: 1,396
The street level design seems lively enough, but that tower is b-o-r-i-n-g. Is this project still being called "City of the Arts"?

Yes. With a pile of entertainment related businesses moving into the office building, and with the joint GBC/OCADU innovation campus on the north side, the subtitle is still being applied to the complex. This is also within the area into which Waterfront Toronto is building super high speed internet infrastructure, so expect the combination of organizations here to attract other high bandwidth immersive digital arts firms to the complex.

From today.
I assume the first picture is where the new park is going.
Will the park open before the building?

park.jpg

pit.jpg

Attachments

• park.jpg
    park.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 735
  • pit.jpg
    pit.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 708
I saw an updated rendering for the office/college building in a banner that was going up today near the Gardiner. Unfortunately, not only is the already-dated/bland looking design still the one they're showing, but now it has a "modern" carbuncle added at middle floors at the southwest corner of the building. It does not do the building any favours, and is now just a bland building with a carbuncle attached to it.

Other than the public-space aspect (Sugar Beach North, pedestrian walkway with retail), this project is disappointing me.

Back