Most of his projects turn out pretty good so I'm not sure what the issue is.
I was not suggesting there is (or will be) an 'issue' - simply pointing out that what we see now is an early rendering and, as we see all the time, there are often many major changes between these early renderings and what is eventually built.

It's a rendering - and a very preliminary one at that. Hold off on the cheering!

It's a marketing render. Not preliminary at all. In fact, it reflects the graphic standards that Lamb has used to advertise his other projects in Toronto, Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton. I don't see any reason why this image won't reflect what will actually be constructed.

In addition, Lamb (and aA) rarely promise more than he (they) can deliver. The only time a significant change has happened in my mind has been the mohawk shaving and mechanical glass change on Theatre Park.

Given who's involved, I wouldn't be cheering either. Wonder which construction company will be working on this.

An excellent developer and the best multi-unit residential architect in the city? 'Given who's involved,' I'd say that this should be pretty excellent.

He's usually Mr. Positivity in most threads [/sarcasm]

^^Agreed. I'm sure no one would be chastised for making a two-letter praise of the project. AA has forgotten "modernism" a while ago. What's with the diagonal steps in the white grid? What was wrong with a simple grid?

X5I2l5B.png

Reminds me of Morris Adjmi's 282 South 5th Street in Williamsburg:

lJWIjt6.jpg

An excellent developer and the best multi-unit residential architect in the city? 'Given who's involved,' I'd say that this should be pretty excellent.

Agree.

Lamb, Cityzen, Centrecourt, Lifetime

These guys are building the best looking projects in the city, hands down

As for Lamb's builder, I doubt it will be 59 Project management going forward, I heard they are having issues, but King Charlotte seems to be moving ahead on schedule?

Back