^ Exactly: I only lock my bike to gas meters because only a fool will saw a gas meter.

... BOOM!

I knocked on the doors, but no one home,

More soil was been added to the planters and cover up the water pipe system.

One batch of flowers in all the planters are in bad shape to non existent and lets hope they grow next year or will have to be replace.

I knocked on the doors, but no one home,

More soil was been added to the planters and cover up the water pipe system.

One batch of flowers in all the planters are in bad shape to non existent and lets hope they grow next year or will have to be replace.

I posted some pics of what's left of the perennials on the previous page. Hopefully they'll replant/replace what was lost in the past month due to the lack of water and soil.

I noticed today that a new line of maybe a dozen bicycle racks have been added along the north side of Dundas Street, just about in front of Joey's.

I noticed today that a new line of maybe a dozen bicycle racks have been added along the north side of Dundas Street, just about in front of Joey's.

Those racks been there long before this project.
IMG_sept-10-090128.jpg

IMG_sept-10-090129.jpg

Those racks been there long before this project.

I'm positive that I saw a new line of perhaps 30 new racks roughly in front of Best Buy where there were (presumably) previously none. The racks looked new, the concrete around the bases looked fresh and there were concrete bits swept to the curb. Perhaps they replaced a line of existing racks but I'm pretty sure they were new.

I'm positive that I saw a new line of perhaps 30 new racks roughly in front of Best Buy where there were (presumably) previously none. The racks looked new, the concrete around the bases looked fresh and there were concrete bits swept to the curb. Perhaps they replaced a line of existing racks but I'm pretty sure they were new.

You maybe right as I never looked closely at them.

I have photo's of them some where in my batch of shots going back in time.

I did notice the water hydrant has been replace and that maybe the concrete you are seeing.

They are nice seats...

Very smooth and get warmed up by the sun, real comfortable.

Spent almost an hour sitting there talking to my friends.

Those pics are of the south side of Dundas, not the North. I believe dt_toronto_geek is referring to the sidewalk in front of Atrium on Bay, where there were circles for bike racks marked for a while, but the bike racks never showed up... that is until now.

Those pics are of the south side of Dundas, not the North. I believe dt_toronto_geek is referring to the sidewalk in front of Atrium on Bay, where there were circles for bike racks marked for a while, but the bike racks never showed up... that is until now.

Exactly. The rings on the south side of the street have always been there, and the dozens of bike parking spaces that were removed outside Joey's and closer to Yonge on the south side have yet to be replaced.

About 10 new rings appeared two weeks ago on the north side of the street, replacing ones that were removed early in the year.

So, we've gone from having 1/3 of the bike parking that existed in summer 2008 to having maybe 2/3 of the parking. We're still worse off than we were last year (and trees continue to be damaged by bike locks as people have nowhere else to go).

Exactly. The rings on the south side of the street have always been there, and the dozens of bike parking spaces that were removed outside Joey's and closer to Yonge on the south side have yet to be replaced.

About 10 new rings appeared two weeks ago on the north side of the street, replacing ones that were removed early in the year.

So, we've gone from having 1/3 of the bike parking that existed in summer 2008 to having maybe 2/3 of the parking. We're still worse off than we were last year (and trees continue to be damaged by bike locks as people have nowhere else to go).

Some were added or replaced on the south side too, somewhere around Joey's, Ryerson or Best Buy, I can't remember exactly. Bottom line, it's not enough.

Last edited:
People enjoying the sitting areas along Dundas West on a nice October Sunday.

I think that we can finally put a fork in Joey's, it's done.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Last edited:
One of improvements mentioned is the upgrading of food offerings. The weird subterranean food court at the Queen end especially could use some light and more modern food offerings. Replacements of existing outlets could include custom burger restaurants, a veg place like Fresh, and a coffee house with cafe style seating.

This is what I posted about this last month:

I rent office space in the Eaton Centre, and we were just informed of the specifics of their redevelopment project.

- Renovation and expansion of the North food court, which will be the main food area.
- Washroom expansion and renovation.
- Complete floor replacement.
- Hand rails replaced with glass and stainless steel.
- New retail lobby entrance at the 250 Yonge tower.
- Recladding of escalators (?) and elevators.
- New entrance doors
- Enhanced lighting
- Removal of ficus trees :-( but new "planting program"
- South food court will become a large Richtree restaurant
- A "light sculpture" will be suspended from the Galleria roof

Back