Papers off the interior windows. Looks like the third floor restaurant is all set up. Second floor don't know if that's the final layout of the fixtures. I would have used that space for kickass window displays. Nordstrom usually has window display areas at its entrance but not at the Eaton center.

"CF" Toronto Eaton Centre is an accurate description of the current state of the mall.

Just think "Cystic Fibrosis Eaton Centre" every time you see that sign. I do that and it helps mute any thought of the landlord.

I walked past All Saints, yesterday. There never seems to be anyone in the store. Compare that to H&M or Zara which are always packed, and I think it's clear people care more about price than quality. I could see this All Saints failing.

I walked past All Saints, yesterday. There never seems to be anyone in the store. Compare that to H&M or Zara which are always packed, and I think it's clear people care more about price than quality. I could see this All Saints failing.

Some of my longest-lasting clothes came from Zara. I have also had Hugo Boss clothes that completely fell apart.

Store volume really means nothing - it's how much each customer is willing to shell out. H&M and Zara require many people paying a little bit of cash - Saks / Harry Rosen rely on a few people spending a whole lot of cash. A friend of mine is a clerk at Holts - the bloor store apparently survives off 3 ladies.

Store volume really means nothing - it's how much each customer is willing to shell out. H&M and Zara require many people paying a little bit of cash - Saks / Harry Rosen rely on a few people spending a whole lot of cash. A friend of mine is a clerk at Holts - the bloor store apparently survives off 3 ladies.
Zara is a bit of an exception. Due to their extremely advanced production capabilities and inventory control, they're able to produce small run products profitably and pivot on a dime. Zara is quite profitable, with margins bigger than you'd expect. They're also an outlier in that they produce very little product in Asia (almost all of it is made in Europe) and spend no money on advertising. I have no doubt that Zara is a business school lesson favourite.

But this is off topic, and I digress.

^That's actually pretty interesting, I didn't know most of that, I assumed Zara was like the rest of them. Not to mention the first positive thing I have heard about a clothier in recent times that doesn't involve poor factory conditions and essentially human enslavement.

^That's actually pretty interesting, I didn't know most of that, I assumed Zara was like the rest of them. Not to mention the first positive thing I have heard about a clothier in recent times that doesn't involve poor factory conditions and essentially human enslavement.

More like robot enslavement and human unemployment. But such is the future of most industries. ;)

I saw a bus shelter ad today that was advertising a September 16 opening for Joe Fresh at the Eaton Centre - probably that third mystery store between H&M and Uniqlo.

These screens are going to be huge.

tectower.jpg

Attachments

• tectower.jpg
    tectower.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 970
Good, it will draw the eye from the ugly signage below. Ever since @mgl posted the Cystic Fibrosis Eaton Centre comment above, that's all I see.

Back