I am also curious to know what will occupy the space where Lenscrafters and Mr. Greenjeans used to be. The outside of the latter (facing Trinity Square, above Trattoria Mercatto) is being reclad.

I took this a couple of days ago..

IMG_20150527_154241.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20150527_154241.jpg
    IMG_20150527_154241.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 2,353
Pano. Looks like it's gonna be very cool.

Attachments

• NORDSTROMS.JPG
    NORDSTROMS.JPG
    195.4 KB · Views: 375
The exterior looks basically the same as before...? I thought Nordstrom was going to do something... different?

The area above the entrance, where they used to have large posters, would make a great place for another video screen. I'm surprised they haven't put one in there long ago. It faces Yonge Street and Dundas square perfectly. Does anybody know what is happening with that space?

Sears had permission to put a screen there, but it was cut from the budget at the last minute when they did the "eatons" store. When the store was converted to a traditional Sears, they were all about cheapening the space as much as possible, so the screen didn't materialize then either. Not sure if it got grandfathered into the City's new sign by-law, or if the sign by-law recognizes that spot as a location for video screens (as it does YD square).

Not sure how that corner will be configured.

The exterior looks basically the same as before...? I thought Nordstrom was going to do something... different?

They're re-cladding the building with metal panels with a customized version of this finish. Apparently an enormous amount has been ordered.
http://purefreeform.com/project/sagg-shell/
PureFreeFormPanelsWeb_0010_Layer-13.jpg

I've seen samples of it in person and they're going with more of a silvery-white colour than tan. Also, its got some depth to it: some stripes are reflective, while the rest are matte which gives a nice layered effect that looks different from certain angles.

Nordstrom is occupying one or two floors. I wasn't expecting the rest to suddenly have vision glass installed

Nordstrom will occupy the west side of the ground and second floors, and the whole of the third, fourth, and fifth floors.

Two-floor stores will occupy the Yonge Street side of the ground and second floors. It would be these stores that are getting vision glass. Uniqlo will be located on the south side of the Dundas atrium, while it is rumoured that Apple will move to the north side of Trinity Way directly across from Roots.

That is exciting that we will hopefully be getting a new much larger Apple Store in the Eaton Centre. It is long overdue.

I'm also really excited about Uniqlo.

Back