They have put a parking lot on about half of this site as of last week. I guess it be a while before we see anything happen here.

Noticed the other day that the metal fence around the site has been taken down. Anyone know what is going on with this site?

http://www.collierscanada.com/9654

Land or Development Site For Sale
For Sale
Land Area: 1.27 Acres.

5220 Yonge Street, Toronto
Description:
1.27-acre premium corner lot / development site; steps to North York Centre subway station; the overall site (with City owned lands) has been approved for a mixed commercial and residential development containing approximately 418,875 SF of GFA. The site offers a wide range of viable commercial and residential development concepts.

Property Features for 5220 Yonge Street

•High profile corner site on North Yonge Corridor
•Entire site is approved for a mixed use development consisting of a 14-storey, 150-suite hotel tower and a 30-storey, 258-unit residential tower
•An abundance of shopping, cultural and recreational amenities

What does this mean to the people who purchased units? Are they screwed? There were some posts here where they were told occupancy was 2016...surely that can't be the case now?

For Sale

Description:
1.27-acre premium corner lot / development site; steps to North York Centre subway station; the overall site (with City owned lands) has been approved for a mixed commercial and residential development containing approximately 418,875 SF of GFA. The site offers a wide range of viable commercial and residential development concepts.

•Entire site is approved for a mixed use development consisting of a 14-storey, 150-suite hotel tower and a 30-storey, 258-unit residential tower

For Sale

Description:

Good. They were having Financing problems since they bought the place. I hope someone reputable picks this up but that probably means a redesign and all the purchasers get refunded but I am glad there is finally some action coming for this site, in a long time.

The news is disappointing on a couple of fronts:
1. The area won't get a new hotel and will likely end up with another pair of residential tower (anything other than residential is a win)
2. The indoor market (think mini-St. Lawrence Market) that was planned for the southern portion of this development together with the impressive Sorbara development immediately to the south is now in doubt

I would hardly call this a C or D location. North York City Centre close to the subway, not sure what is wrong with that.

Don't count out a hotel just yet.

The new developer could approach the purchasers and see if they want to stay in, but probably will allow they first choice at the new tower(s).

8 June 2013: Well at least I finally figured out where this project was to be located (for some reason I thought it was closer to Finch on the East side :p)
rps20130608235013380.jpg

Do property owners and citizens not care about the junky garbage strewn public domain?
rps20130609000701.jpg

It would be absolutely criminal for this building not to be declared heritage and incorporated in the new project: beautiful!
rps20130608234921740.jpg

Yep, I stand by my assertion that this is a C or D location. Reasons: garbage public domain, appalling landscape and architecture, fast-moving vehicular traffic, "boring" retail in the area, appalling suburban-style road network, the view out your window at hideous architecture including the Duca building, etc.

This site needs to be "rescued" by an aA-happy firm: think beautiful red brick 4-6s podium like in the Distillery District with a pair of stunning brick & glass 40s highrises above--at minimum.

Last edited:

For Sale

Description:

The link is no longer available. Anyone know what's going on with this property?

The link is no longer available. Anyone know what's going on with this property?

Did you pay a deposit? Or were you refunded your money? I imagine it's a little frustrating not knowing what's going on. I don't know how they're going to reach their Occupancy Date of 2016.

I found this building to be terribly ugly. Thank goodness it fell through. Maybe we can have something built that we can be proud of.

Did you pay a deposit? Or were you refunded your money? I imagine it's a little frustrating not knowing what's going on. I don't know how they're going to reach their Occupancy Date of 2016.

Still no end in sight. No instructions were provided to buyers about deposits paid. Unreal.

Back