I guess it is 1 storey taller than Mississauga's original city hall
View attachment 244640

But this office (once at Dundas/Confederation) comes a close second!
View attachment 244643
Thanks for the pictures. I lived in Mississauga in the 80s and remember City Hall when it was new, but I don't remember the old City Hall. I also remember the second building - I think there was a government office there - but wasn't even aware that it had been replaced (rarely been back to Mississauga since I left in the early 90s).

Agreed that the brutalist style lends an air of longevity to the office market in the area
- certainly moreso than the blue Po-Mo office block on the next block.
The siting of it is awkward for redevelopment, but they could have worked around it.

Meta/Question to Admin: Are you folks ever going to get a listing for this? It's seems rather a big project not to be noted. Or this some sorta wild pipe dream similar to that one proposed of building more CN Towers over derelict grain silos on the lakefront and not worth putting up?

Meta/Question to Admin: Are you folks ever going to get a listing for this? It's seems rather a big project not to be noted. Or this some sorta wild pipe dream similar to that one proposed of building more CN Towers over derelict grain silos on the lakefront and not worth putting up?
Gee!! I guess the tearing down of the the existing office tower is a sign things are going ahead. This project like "ALL" other projects in the GTA will see a step back and a slower pace due to COVID-19.

What the city vision for the so call downtown is going to a lot different due to the white elephant in the core, AKA Sq One Mall and this is one of those different visions. Sq One Mall can be like the Eaton Centre and free up a lot of land. Then, something could be built on top of the mall.

Is this project any different than M City or the Well??? I am sure the 6 acres that was just sold across the street will be a lot different than was approved for that site.

It is the tallest building in the city to be torn down at this time, since 25 floor is the tallest for office towers in the city.

I expect in time that block to the east will be redevelop with most or all buildings been torn down. This also includes the Sussex Centre.

The city is finally growing up and not afraid of height.

For those who want to reminisce, its twin is located just east of Islington subway.

DJI_0942.JPG

Which listing do you mean specifically @UtakataNoAnnex?

Do you mean the Square One District redevelopment? That thread is here.

Whoops, you guys are right of course! I couldn't imagine we didn't have one yet that I didn't even check it. We'll put that together!

Thank you! /bows

Edit/Update: And there it is! Thanks so much again for looking into that, Mr. 42. :)

Last edited:
According to Emporis, in the next 4 years, Mississauga will have 5 buildings over 200m and the Exchange District will have two of them. M1 is at 199M.
1589281887452.png

Last edited:
It's too bad they have to tear a solid looking building made of concrete with punctured windows down ! Would be nice to incorporate this structure with the new development .

Back