Who would have thought that a McDonalds would be the anchor tenant at a luxury condo tower,...

Remember, this is the same developers who built EmeraldPark where they lost their anchor tenants,... twice!!! First they lost Loblaw's T&T when they couldn't deliver by 2013 second promised date (original delivery date was 2011),.... then Metro came in as anchor tenant for 2015 delivery but now Metro seems to be bailing,..... we're still waiting for EmeraldPark to finish up.

Notice some of the ground level photos here still have "Move In 2016" signage,.... I wouldn't hold my breath,...

Who would have thought that a McDonalds would be the anchor tenant at a luxury condo tower...

High-stressed executives, rich wives with little dogs in their purses, and those with personal trainers also eat at McDonalds on occasion. Wearing sunglasses incognito, of course ;)

re. the McDonalds, remember that this condo is right beside the ROM and U of T's campus. I have a few friends who were very disappointed that the closest McDonald's to their residence was closed and who were also equally happy to hear it would come back eventually. Nothing beats greasy food when pulling an all-nighter lol...

re. the McDonalds, remember that this condo is right beside the ROM and U of T's campus. I have a few friends who were very disappointed that the closest McDonald's to their residence was closed and who were also equally happy to hear it would come back eventually. Nothing beats greasy food when pulling an all-nighter lol...

Fortunately all my classes were at the south end of the campus. I was always just a short walk from College or Spadina. Much better food options there compared to Bloor.

Fortunately all my classes were at the south end of the campus. I was always just a short walk from College or Spadina. Much better food options there compared to Bloor.

Very true. There are some options around Bay and Charles but many of the restaurants in that area are way too expensive for the average student's budget :(

From what I've heard this will be a full-fledged McDonald's but with modern finishes. I've also heard it will be a flagship, meaning experimental menu options and ordering methods.

Hopefully that doesn't mean experimental prices either. I'll take my Big Mac but I won't spend $10 on it just to be served up on a silver plate :p !

--

And on the Gabbys note. I think it works in Exhibit's favour, at least from an observable design perspective. Being able to see the setbacks from the side makes all the difference, giving room for the setbacks to breathe. If they built it right up to the neighbouring building, I'm not sure how practical and aesthetically pleasing those balconies would be.

I believe this McDonald's will offer intravenous consumption of their menu.

Haha, that's a little too experimental!

Perhaps they will have tapas-like items: a Mini-Mac. Anytime I'm asked if I'd like to biggie-size for $1.00 more, I always reply back that I'd like to mini-size for a $1.00 less.

Haha, that's a little too experimental!

Perhaps they will have tapas-like items: a Mini-Mac. Anytime I'm asked if I'd like to biggie-size for $1.00 more, I always reply back that I'd like to mini-size for a $1.00 less.
Then you're thrown out of the restaurant a la Jazz by Uncle Phil?

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,524
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,488
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg