i emailed kirkor, got the contact info for the project manager and emailed him..

he said sales office would open in september... but i emailed him back in Jan, so i dunno if anything has changed

More importantly, is there any way this can be derailed or at least held up enough to receive a serious redesign? I feel embarrassed for Vaughan to have approved this dreck.

Have you spent any time in Vaughan? I know they've just built a KPMB City Hall, and there's the lovely McMichael Canadian Collection, but then there's the rest of Vaughan, and unfortunately, this project is perfect for it.

But should this project not then act as a catalyst for good design in future developments? Each project is an opportunity and as easy as it is to say that this might be "perfect for Vaughan," the reality is it isn't perfect for anywhere. Utterly embarrassing.

Would you accept 'par for the course' for Vaughan? 'In the local vernacular'?'Sensitive to the built context'?

Spin spin spin!

Anyone have any updates on this project? Kirkor has nothing listed regarding this on their website. I know some people dislike the design, but I'm interested in moving into this area...so if anyone is in the know updates would be appreciated! Thanks...

good find marcus_a_J, looks like this website is pretty recent (copyright 2010) ... thanks !!

so the developer is Royal Lane Developments, I have only seen them build detached housing and never highrises ... they've really got to vary the height and design between these 5 towers a bit someway somehow, Kirkor's copy & paste concept totally does not work ~

A quick compilation of some renderings:

canciniphoto.jpg

source

index_main.jpg

3d-sitemap-lg.jpg

Looks a little low end for the area. Personally I'd like to see Vaughan go in more of a California direction with low rise development.
I hope we don't get any dead-end Slumcord Pacific concrete/spandel mess.

Last edited:
Looks a little low end for the area. Personally I'd like to see Vaughan go in more of a California direction with low rise development.
I hope we don't get any dead-end Slumcord Pacific concrete/spandel mess.

"California direction" like Orange County? Doesn't Vaughan have enough of that? :)

There is the new Napa Valley neighbourhood west of here, and check out the street names in the first big subdivision to the east, the Beverly Glen area, near Dufferin & Centre...

Back