AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto

2771 - 2773 VICTORIA PARK AVE

To permit a four-storey stacked and back-to-back townhouse building with rooftop access. The buildings will allow for a total of 62 residential units and a gross floor area of 7,819 square metres. 31 parking spaces will be provided at-grade.

vicp.JPG

To be marketed as Fairview Towns

Aerial View from Profile's website:

1700235538246.png

Huntingwood Frontage currently, per Streetview:

1700235645686.png

Victoria Park frontage:

1700235711002.png

Elevations:

1700235781475.png

Parking Ratio is 0.5

Comments: I'm mostly prepared to support this as gentle intensification. But I object to the west elevation/Victoria Park frontage.

I would like to see 2-3 townhomes front Victoria Park, putting a face, on the building on that side, and completely blocking the view of the surface parking from the street.

This could be done by re-oriented the townhomes at the western end of the property, as well as reducing surface parking by about 4 spaces.

Decision Report - Approval Recommended...........to the next meeting of SCC.

City Staff have altered the proposal, the report doesn't really provide clarity on whether the applicant is supportive; they've simply put forward a tweak version that suits the City.

From the report:

1711028256695.png

@Paclo is flagged.

I note, the above is a new thing w/the City and has appeared in multiple Approval Reports in this cycle.

Decision Report - Approval Recommended...........to the next meeting of SCC.

City Staff have altered the proposal, the report doesn't really provide clarity on whether the applicant is supportive; they've simply put forward a tweak version that suits the City.

From the report:

View attachment 549918

@Paclo is flagged.

I note, the above is a new thing w/the City and has appeared in multiple Approval Reports in this cycle.
It's a strategy to meet Bill 109 timelines - and it's not without precedent. Other municipalities have done it in the past (Burlington approved 409 Brant St at 18 storeys despite the application being for 23, for example)

Reactions: AHK

Back