Yeah, the demolition sent a big cloud of dust over towards the Starbucks on the other side of King at one point. I changed my mind about sitting outside.

Hopefully lots more construction dust heading Starbucks' way to bolster Jimmy's, SpiceSafar, and Zoe's across the street :)

Don't forget La Merceria on the north side of Adelaide, two doors west of Portland. Great coffee and tasty treats.

We are getting quite a nice array of Starbucks alternatives.

Regarding the long-running demolition activity on this site, they seem to be building up some protection right along the south face of 10 Morrison Street before finishing off the remainder of the warehouse.

Took a look into the site today and it appears that the long-running demolition process is over. They started knocking the two buildings down in July.

Photos taken Dec 5

5235514943_0c7bf31711_b.jpg

5236108772_9f86be3139_b.jpg

5235517423_c5c94a8033_b.jpg

Great pics! What an awesome site-- looks like those pics. were taken in the UK!

What's going on with those older buildings in the shot? Are they getting restored?

Shoring work is underway. The construction phase has officially started on this one.

What's going on with those older buildings in the shot? Are they getting restored?

The Silver Plate building (facing King) is part of the Fashion House project and will be restored. All the other buildings in the above images are restored and occupied by a number of businesses.

Wow, great design, I really hope they keep that red in the glass instead of do what they did to M5V..
If this turns out like the render, a great addition to the city indeed..

Back