Today:

YQBXjud.jpg

kJ5cOoZ.jpg

o2YelLn.jpg

He's saying "love those arches!"

I love the contrast of those thick exposed balcony slabs with the sleek glazed facade behind them.

The glass and cladding is really fantastic on this one (large windows and the use of curtain wall). They definitely did not "cheapen out" on this development.

They hung up some red curtains on the king side. this is how it will look

photo (25).jpg

Attachments

• photo (25).jpg
    photo (25).jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 620
I have seen those curtains in person and still not convinced this will actually be eye-pleasing in the long run. I imagine the first thing the new Board would do is to allow suite owners to put up whatever curtains they want and change the rules. This will not last. Not everyone wants big bulky curtains.

During the day, it looks a bit weird. I wonder if there are some LEDs on the floor in front of the curtains to light them up at night - that would be much better as an aesthetic.

Here is a photo from the vantage point of 400 Wellington. All of the concrete is now done as the forms came off the pool earlier today (see them working on it). I believe that is it for any substantial concrete work except for some minor stuff on the Adelaide side.

Both the SilverPlate Building and 10 Morrison certainly appear to be swallowed up by the massing here. In 10 years, it will likely not even be noticed as other skyline gobblers will invade. Not that impressed with the substantial amount of pre-cast concrete panels and grayness in general. Blah.

fashionhousemay15.jpg

Last edited:

Back