Here are the two new towers (M5V and TIFF) on King West together from the top of the Globe and Mail building. King West (east of Spadina) will never be the same.

S'Bus

dsc00124ex.jpg

Good lord CML!!! Why are your pics making every project POP today?! :D! I think it's part camera + part sky = buildings looking awesome. nice work :)

Those frosty white balconies REALLY work in this weather! (on gloomy days they're depressing)

Could you imagine someone from Toronto2000 time travelling to the current one?
It would be completely unrecognizeable..

Could you imagine someone from Toronto2000 time travelling to the current one?
It would be completely unrecognizeable..

Yeah... true.
over the past decade we saw the boom of the condo market.... the Bay/College skyscraper canyon was born (ROCP, Murano, etc.), the Entertainment district grew taller (ritz/RBC, Festival, boutique, etc), Bay Adelaide Centre, Southcore Financial district was born (MLS/Telus), Success/waterfront complexes, Start of growth at yonge/bloor.... But nothing can prepare us for the growth that will happen in the next 5 years... The skyline will FINALLY be balanced out with all the 200m(ish) proposals across the city. :D

They've been carrying out user-surveys recently in the lobby ( you get a $6 voucher for answering their questions ... ). My main criticisms were the lack of prominent signage ( this is a movieplex after all, no matter how arty they're trying to make it appear by being so minimalist with the interior design ... ) showing at a glance what's playing in what theatres, the lack of seating in non-theatre areas, and the membership policy which benefits couples living at the same address at the expense of singles.

... showing at a glance what's playing in what theatres ...

Agreed, I have already found that it's inconvenient when just dropping in to find out what is playing and where. I understand they don't want a big lit sign on a marquee, but perhaps one of their hi-tech screens could be put in the front window facing out.

As for seating in non-theatre areas, there is actually quite a bit, it's just that you have to buy a drink to sit in those areas.

Oct 1 2010 update

photos that I never got around to posting previously ~

IMG_5051.jpg

Back