The excavator moves up the ramp and eats away at whats behind it. It slowly does this until the whole ramp is gone. For deeper holes I think they keep one excavator in the pit and one on the street and the dirt is passed up. Once the pit is cleared the excavator in the pit is lifted out by the crane. At least that's how I remember seeing it elsewhere.

Looks like the eastern crane has been finished. I saw the mobile crane installing the weights on Saturday afternoon, then driving away.

The excavator moves up the ramp and eats away at whats behind it. It slowly does this until the whole ramp is gone.

Huh??? That makes no sense whatsoever. That means eventually the excavator would have to go up a 90 degree ramp.

From the Casa thread. Picture by casaguy. Shows early work on removing the ramp.

DSCN0871.jpg

DSCN0866.jpg

Excavator starts taking apart the ramp. Dump trucks come down the ramp and the excavator loads them on the ramp.

I was intrigued by the tower description on the updated website, which describes the exterior cladding as a mix of transparent and sand-blasted glass... this could turn out to be a lovely jewel box on top of Lightbox. I'm wondering if the balcony glass (as well as the mechanical "beacon") will be sand blasted, creating a nice mix of the transparent and the translucent.

Couple of screenshots from the Montana Steele epic on the website:

tiff.jpg

I was told at the sales preview that the balcony glass would be fritted, not sandblasted...

Sandblasted could be the stuff on the podium.
The podium is a mix of cladding.

That's a good video. (http://www.festivaltower.com/festivaltower_movietrailer.html). The best video I've seen for a condo. Ya can't blame them for filling out Toronto a bit. Especially the pretty low rise where the bar huge parking lot is north of the site--which will surely not be a low rise and will grow another tower within the next decade. The fesival tower looks good; it looks like the south view might be the only clunky looking side.
I'm curious about the podium rooftop. I though originally that it was for the lightbox but the video insinuates that it for the condo. And I can't see condo owners being allowed to mingle at the festival parties. Does anyone know who the rooftop will belong to?

Back