artyboy123

Member Bio
Reaction score
Taken from DevApp:

"Site Plan Approval (SPA) Application for the Finch-Kennedy SmartTrack Station."

DevApp Link: http://app.toronto.ca/AIC/index.do?folderRsn=iTG/c5GE3o3YKg5s+XISPA==

Renderings:

PLN - Renderings or Perspective Drawings - MAY 24  2022 (2).jpg

PLN - Renderings or Perspective Drawings - MAY 24  2022 (3).jpg

PLN - Renderings or Perspective Drawings - MAY 24  2022.jpg

Are the GO train carriages is what Smarttrack going to use to move people around? Or will they have different train system just a thought!

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no 'Smart Trak' as such at this point. The basic idea, frequent trains, with more infill stations has been absorbed into GO Expansion.

So yes, this will be GO/Mx operated trains and stations.

The key missing part is reducing fares to ~ TTC levels / fully integrating fares w/TTC

There is no 'Smart Trak' as such at this point. The basic idea, frequent trains, with more infill stations has been absorbed into GO Expansion.

The key missing part is reducing fares to ~ TTC levels / fully integrating fares w/TTC
So what's the difference between the two transit systems in my opinion. More stops in the cities boundaries lol?

So what's the difference between the two transit systems in my opinion.

There is no '2 systems' as such. It's just GO

More stops in the cities boundaries lol?

More stops, more frequently, 2-way, all-day on the Lakeshore, Stouffville, Barrie and K-W lines

* As per GO Expansion, the bulk of these lines will be electrified over time; and as that occurs there will likely be a change in rolling stock; though no decisions on that have been announced.

This was my first thought as well. I dream of the day when we have frequent and reliable suburban LRT/BRT well integrated with free transfers to and from all RER stations; along with high rise buildings containing fewer parking spots and an urban friendly neighborhood design around each station.

Just imagine if Metrolinx actually spent money to make their stations as grandiose and inviting as their palatial parking garages.
We don't need either of the two, we need that huge parking space converted into a mixed-use development (work, live, shop), which would be within walking distance of a GO station.

Back