Member Bio
Reaction score
Work is beginning.

Screen Shot 2020-04-18 at 9.14.31 PM.png

IMG_2433.JPG
IMG_2434.JPG
IMG_2435.JPG

Last edited:
thanks for posting ? , gonna be interesting if they connect it in the future to new Woodbine GO station

Humber College badly needs a new building to reach out to the LRT stop, to make it an inviting walk to the rest of the campus from the LRT. With the weather we get here, the walk through the parking lot to and from the campus will be brutal on more than half of the days of the year.

…EDIT: and it does appear that Humber has vague plans to plunk down a building at the stop. There are two images on their page that acknowledges the new stop, but no other details I've found yet.

lrt2.jpg

lrt1.jpg

There's also this from a page detailing a recently finished above ground parking garage (in pink). It shows future buildings off towards the LRT station in the lower right corner.

parkingstructurenorth2.jpg

Last edited:
203-205 HUMBER COLLEGE BLVD
Ward 01 - Etob. York District

Finch West LRT Humber College terminal stop

Proposed Use ---​
# of Storeys ---​
# of Units ---​
Type​
Number​
Date Submitted​
Status​
Applications:
Site Plan Approval​
20 151725 WET 01 SA​
Jun 3, 2020​
Application Received​

The plans are pretty simple: North and South entrance buildings with an open-to-the-air section for the station in between.

HumberClgLndscp.jpg
HumberClgNSSec.jpg

At the very least, they could have enclosed the open cut section of the station with some sort of glass canopy to protect from the elements since it's already a trenched station.

But it's Metrolinx so I guess they're reserving all the glass shelters for the 905 region.

That "T" signage looks more and more idiotic, with each passing render that Metrolinx releases. I'm very curious to know how much those consultants got paid to come up with this nonsense.

That T sign on the stick with the comically tiny TTC logo underneath is hilariously bad. It doesn't convey any information for a sign that large, and it's just kinda stupid looking. Hopefully it's a placeholder and they don't actually stick that in front of the station when the TTC has those gorgeous new keystone lights that could be used instead.

Metrolinx really needs to stop trying to stick its own wayfinding system, that doesn't match the TTC's, on what are going to be numbered TTC lines.

The T logo should be replaced given that many transit agencies (including the MBTA) use a very similar logo.

they had a more unique alternative too, the logo with the two opposite-facing arrows. No idea why they didn’t want to keep that.

they had a more unique alternative too, the logo with the two opposite-facing arrows. No idea why they didn’t want to keep that.
Or better yet, hmmm I dont know, maybe the answer is right in front of them. They could have used a variant of the Metrolinx logo without the "T" being there.

There, I just saved Metrolinx hundreds of thousands of dollars, and it took me less than 1 second to do so. If they want me to do further consultation, i'd be more than happy to do so. I promise it wont take me longer than 1 day to do so either.

Back