I'm beginning to think that perhaps the rooftop lighting will only extend as far as the length of the BMO signage (to act as accent lighting above it)

7265086580_5bc3b264ce_o.jpg

-

7265086826_d42ef60498_o.jpg

Not content to tart up buildings with vertical strips of LED light, now they're going horizontal as well? Will it pulse and flash?

Those of you wondering about the sidewalks may be interested to know that hoarding has gone up and they are ripping out the old stone sidewalks closest to the building. Given the amount of cracking and spray paint on the tiles closest to the street, I imagine the entire area will be redone.

After staring at the stained marble from across the road for many years, FCP was starting to look like low income housing.

I think the re-cladding is fantastic, and literally "better than new" (this is somewhat of an assumption on my part since I was not actually downtown when FCP was originally completed).

The podium also looks much better than before, but the original design is still a lame copy of Mies, and makes me think more of a parking structure for the adjoined tower.

Back