I'm not sure why everyone has this automatic fear of green glass.

If FCP turns out slightly green, it won't be because they used cheaped out on the glass, as is often the case with green-glassed condos, but simply because they made an aesthetic choice. I hate green-glassed condos as much as the next person because they all look alike and tend to have really messy forms, but FCP won't suffer from those kinds of problems anyway. It could be up being really striking.

ok finally the pictures me and my gf took yesterday..

sany1463.jpg

IS it WHITE or GREEN?/

sany1464.jpg

One side has a protective coating, the other side, the white side does not have the green film coating...

ha!

Last edited:
I don't mind the colour, but I was hoping for a bit more texture. Not that it really matters that much tho, considering most of it is so far away that textures wouldn't really be apparent anyway

ok finally the pictures me and my gf took yesterday..

sany1463.jpg

IS it WHITE or GREEN?/

sany1464.jpg

One side has a protective coating, the other side, the white side does not have the green film coating...

ha!

If you look carefully you will notice that whatever that is on the left side, it is NOT the new panels, because the new panels are 8X10 feet and some of that is way smaller.

The stuff on the right, IS made of the new panels. They are NOT covered in green plastic...as discussed earlier, the protective coating is opaque BLUE and is removed before it is mounted on the building.

Soooo.... Those GREEN panels are some new test panels. HOWEVER... That is not to say these are the ones they will actually be using... They may just be samples for testing the mounting brackets and weather testing and are not the final product.

If FCP turns out slightly green, it won't be because they used cheaped out on the glass, as is often the case with green-glassed condos, but simply because they made an aesthetic choice.

I won't go as far to say that they cheaped out on the glass with the frit layer and all although I'd call the choice of using glass over stone as highly economical. I presume the greenish tinge has also a lot to do with economics. Most glass has a greenish tinge. The more impurities in the glass the stronger the green tinge. The less the impurities the more expensive to produce. Mind you I'm probably completely off base in regards to the green hue on these panels.

That stuff in the first picture looks like painted plywood. Definitely not glass, that's for sure.

The stuff on the right is obviously test cladding.

I don't know about you guys but I'd still take the slightly green tinted look above the current filthy bathroom tile after a house fire look any day..

Once the whole building is covered you likely wont notice the green tinge. It's also likely exacerbated by the proximity to the grey stone.

wow!... are those the new panels?!... nice :)

Glad to see this finally happening..

Nice close up shots android!

Back