FCP looking very yucky in the skyline :eek:

Photo by Chinatownchef on Flickr:

4197916743_d847c7f8ab_b.jpg

Lets hope the wait will be worth it :)

Just wondering why TD is the only bank building without a logo. :confused:

Royal Bank Plaza is also logo-less. (Though interestingly, the original renderings showed it with a logo.)

Royal Bank Plaza is also logo-less. (Though interestingly, the original renderings showed it with a logo.)

Although the Royal Bank probably isn't even the largest tenant in the building. Well, they probably still are but the *empty* space in both these buildings is probably the largest tenant now :)

I think the big emptying out by Royal Bank Plaza is ancient history, no? I recall 650,000 square feet up for grabs when the campus opened in Meadowvale.

Well, there's the more recent issue of RBC Dexia. But no matter; the twin goldies are still literally and figuratively identified with RBC. Besides, TD's logo is on Brookfield, not the TD Centre...

Well, there's the more recent issue of RBC Dexia.

True. RBC Dexia vacated the Royal Trust Tower although RBC Financial is taking space as well.

From the Urban Decoder in Toronto Life:

What’s going to happen to all the marble once it’s removed from First Canadian Place? Is there any chance I could buy some of it?

It’s true, Toronto’s tallest office tower will soon be rid of 6,000-odd tons of Carrara marble, to be replaced by glass panels. The main reason for the $100‑million-plus facelift is safety. In 2007, a 300-pound chunk plummeted from the tower’s 60th storey onto the roof of the third-floor mezzanine. Hazards aside, 35 winters have turned the once snow white stone the colour of slush.

If you’re still keen to own a part of the city’s architectural past, Brookfield Properties, the building manager, hopes to make some of it available to the public for free in the spring. The rest of it will be recycled, crushed into rooftop ballast (a heavy layer that secures roof insulation) or donated to a local art group.

Woo! Free marble! :D

Sweet! I think it would make a great souvenir of Toronto! I definitely would like a chunk.

I'd do a mantle, or maybe some thresholds out of it. It looks awful and checkerboardy on the building, but I bet with a wet saw and some creativity you could do something with it

I think the big emptying out by Royal Bank Plaza is ancient history, no? I recall 650,000 square feet up for grabs when the campus opened in Meadowvale.

I actually don't think this is the case, when did the campus open in Meadowvale?

Anyway, a good portion of both towers have been fully leased up to the last year or so.
A lot of resources are moving from these towers to the new ones.

The only good thing that comes out of this is the older building are retrofitted.

Here is a picture of workers working on west side of the building from a different perspective.

kAaOF.jpg

That picture is CRAZY COOL!!!!!

Back