m3604c1ed0000110393.jpg

They took our jobs!

Hahahahaha...a great South Park reference, and an appropriately tongue-in-cheek response.

You sound so dissapointed Caltrane! lol! ^^^

Cool vid though... FCP looks like a freakin beast from that angle! Canada's tallest yeahhhhhhh!

I'm still hoping they decide to clean up the roof. A nice single or double spire to distinguish this building as a Toronto icon would quite literally top off this project beautifully.

I hope you mean a double spire a la John Hancock, as opposed to a double spire a la schlocky postmodern. (Then again, some may argue that FCP itself was a schlocky postmodern harbinger with all its marble.)

I hope you mean a double spire a la John Hancock, as opposed to a double spire a la schlocky postmodern. (Then again, some may argue that FCP itself was a schlocky postmodern harbinger with all its marble.)

Exactly like John Hancock. I love its dual spire. Something similar, yet unique would fit FCP well and accommodate the mess of antennae it currently hosts.

Sorry, I'm sure this has already been answered, but... are they going to replace each old panel with a new panel as they go.... or are they going to strip an entire side of the building or big section before putting up the new cladding?

I hearts John Hancock.

FCP this morning from my POV showing the platform support moving up the east side of the building.

As an aside I was talking to my brother yesterday who supervises jobs at several sites including FCP and Bay Adelaide. He got talking to a couple of the guys doing the skinning at FCP and it turns out the first accident was a bolt from a torque (I think I have the correct names here) came off and fell from one of the platforms smashing windows below. The site was shut down for several days over something that would normally be so common, but not at 600 or 700 feet.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

I still have to pinch myself that this is finally happening! This project will no doubt change Toronto's skyline. What's nearly as good as getting a new tallest building? Making our current tallest building new again. :D

Enjoying my Monday morning

The north and east face of FCP today

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Back