I broke my coffee table 3/4" glass top, would love to get one of those panels to use instead. I would even point to FCP and tell my friends that I know where exactly the panel is from, 5th row down, 7th from the left. ;)

Impressive! 18 months isn't too long to wait to see Toronto's skyline glimmer with a brand new white tower :D

Well that video answers the question about the marble in a bit more detail.
Recycled and sold with all proceeds going to charity. Blah! I want a chunk of it :(

if anyone knows where these pieces of marble are being sold, please post details.

24 hr rotating shifts....

It said in the video that they are doing 3x8hr shifts a day, 5 days a week. So basically 24hr a day. Did I read this correctly?

Yep. I think that's how they can pull this off in 18 months. A year an a half to completely refurbish the outside of a 1000ft tower sounds daunting.

East and North platform update

I woke up today to find half of the platform installed on the east facing side (the southern third on the east side was already in place) and half of the platform on the north facing side. What is shown here today wasn't there yesterday.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

You must have slept in... Judging by the angle of sunlight, those shots are after 4pm for sure!

LOL

Just teasing. Great shots dt_t_g. I wonder who will be the first to capture the new cladding as these platforms begin to spiral downwards.

That video was fascinating! 5 stars!

Thanks for posting the link!

I woke up this morning to find that the FCP scaffold wrap was completed sometime during the night or early this morning. This is the north side of the building

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Sweet! It's gonna be exciting when we get our first glimpse of the completed area when it moves down for the first time.

Now that the base of City Hall is open again, FCP takes centre stage when viewed from the north. The re-cladding should make it look brilliant from this vantage point.

fcpnch.jpg

Back