This is a very tall building, and in addition to installing new panels, they must first remove the existing cladding. There are many intricacies in this project that make it more advanced than a basic cladding job.

alright but seriously... i'm talking about hardcore pouring columns, etc... a re-clad on an existing building, shouldn't take as long as the time it takes to construct a building.

Don't forget that this isn't an empty building. There are large companies conducting business in that tower; pretty much around the clock.

Another level revealed... northwest side, taken at noon under overcast skies:

5033853898_c89a39f298_o.jpg

Last edited:
I hate to say it, but it's still blue.

(And I haven't seen any photo in any context that doesn't make it look blue.)

In person, hard as I try, I can't see the "minty green" or blue hues that you guys are talking about. All I see is white.

I hate to say it, but it's still blue.

(And I haven't seen any photo in any context that doesn't make it look blue.)

The hue fluctuates throughout the day, based on lighting conditions etc. Sometimes it's minty, other times it's white.

Here's a photo taken weeks ago, where it's bright white, thanks to the direct sunlight.

4923918811_90620e46a7_b.jpg

Ever-so-slightly out-of-date from the beginning of the weekend, but quite dramatic, shot by a friend, from Gläs:

FCPIMG_4253a.jpg

FCPIMG_4254.jpg

FCPIMG_4254a.jpg

FCPIMG_4254b.jpg

Much more up-to-date, but not-so-dramatic, shot by me, from the top of the Ritz:

FCPP1180988.jpg

FCPP1180989.jpg

Note the difference in the colouration of the two walls at the same time: the angle that you see this building from greatly affects the tonal variations in the new panels.

Cool.

Back