I suppose if the shoe is wanting these individuals to get much needed drug addiction treatment and mental health services. Yes, the shoe certainly fits.
/deflecting for sure. But I am not sure you want that for them. Giving them proper treatment for their addiction, giving them adequate housing, giving them a living income....these are all solutions that will most likely reduce the problem associated homelessness, even in the immediacy. It will basically give you what you are asking for...

....but that's not what you are really asking for though, as suspect that goes against every partisan cell in your body. Rather, you probably just want cops to come in, crack skulls and move them out. The thing about hate is it's all about getting back at segments of society you don't like rather than actually helping them. And only feigning compassion for these people in desperate situations because you don't want those ulterior motives to come out, because they might be unpopular, highly problematic and certainly unethical. But I am digressing here...

What I am getting sick and tired of is coming here to see how this development is going, cause I am interested in it...only to find certain folks rallying/trolling against "undesirables". Enough already! This has nothing to do with this project at hand. The development here will go on regardless. And I am sure there are other threads that deal with the plight of homeless than certainly this thread.

So in the tl,dr: Pics for this reno job here, or it ain't happening! It's what this thread is about. Thnkx!

/deflecting for sure. But I am not sure you want that for them. Giving them proper treatment for their addiction, giving them adequate housing, giving them a living income....these are all solutions that will most likely reduce the problem associated homelessness, even in the immediacy. It will basically give you what you are asking for...

....but that's not what you are really asking for though, as suspect that goes against every partisan cell in your body. Rather, you probably just want cops to come in, crack skulls and move them out. The thing about hate is it's all about getting back at segments of society you don't like rather than actually helping them. And only feigning compassion for these people in desperate situations because you don't want those ulterior motives to come out, because they might be unpopular, highly problematic and certainly unethical. But I am digressing here...

What I am getting sick and tired of is coming here to see how this development is going, cause I am interested in it...only to find certain folks rallying/trolling against "undesirables". Enough already! This has nothing to do with this project at hand. The development here will go on regardless. And I am sure there are other threads that deal with the plight of homeless than certainly this thread.

So in the tl,dr: Pics for this reno job here, or it ain't happening! It's what this thread is about. Thnkx!
:rolleyes:

How to deal with these people is to me a legitimate component in the success of this development, and the increasing numbers are noteworthy to me. You can think that it is inhumane to treat these people as a problem, but it is the truth. They are as human as anyone, but nobody wants to go through groups of drugged-out people or step around people who are just sprawled out on the sidewalk more or less temporarily dead to the world.

That said, it is a lot of discussion about this problem on this particular thread. So I will hold fire for now.

And I would also love to learn more about what is going on with the actual construction and what is to come. I continue to be excited for the end result. I think Hamilton really got the right partners and right deal for this one.

I agree, it's a legitimate issue that will determine the success or failure of this project - and there is absolutely nothing wrong with discussing it. Stifling conversation on political grounds, like UtakataNoAnnex is trying to do is not helpful.

With that being said, I think we can find common ground and agree that this particular thread my not be the entirely correct place for this discussion. But it's a hard topic to completely ignore. The appearance of York Blvd is clearly important to the success of the project. No question HUPEG and Oak View group are having these exact same discussions in corporate board rooms. I hope they have a plan.

Back