It's not in the middle of the entrance. It's not directly in front of the entrance. Only someone approaching from this particular viewpoint would even notice. Are we now going to design streetlighting around every building entrance? The alternative is a leafy tree.

Right up there as the best project going up right now.

I have been thinking about the same thing for sometime now.
1 Bloor East has some curves but looking at it closely, there seem to be lack of needed contrast on the tower overall.
Up close I can surely conclude that Five is aesthetically crafted than 1 Bloor east, I am sorry guys.......
The combination of heritage bricks and contrasting glasses makes this one a masterpiece !!!

The next thing is to renovate those townhouses on the north side of St Joseph. Always seems to be dicey things going on there.

I have been thinking about the same thing for sometime now.
1 Bloor East has some curves but looking at it closely, there seem to be lack of needed contrast on the tower overall.
Up close I can surely conclude that Five is aesthetically crafted than 1 Bloor east, I am sorry guys.......
The combination of heritage bricks and contrasting glasses makes this one a masterpiece !!!

'Apples and oranges' though, surely! They do both contribute to the public realm at street level, just in different ways.

Today:
IMG_4693.jpg

IMG_4695.JPG

IMG_4697.jpg

IMG_4713.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4693.jpg
    IMG_4693.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,418
  • IMG_4695.JPG
    IMG_4695.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 1,401
  • IMG_4697.jpg
    IMG_4697.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,409
  • IMG_4713.jpg
    IMG_4713.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,412
I have such fond memories of that spot. It used to be cafe New Orleans. I used to meet my friends there and had my very first cappuccino. I'm so happy the building has been restored. This was the centre of the club district at one time.

I have such fond memories of that spot. It used to be cafe New Orleans. I used to meet my friends there and had my very first cappuccino. I'm so happy the building has been restored. This was the centre of the club district at one time.

stjosephcorner.jpg

Attachments

• stjosephcorner.jpg
    stjosephcorner.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 1,836

Back