What's not true? That there have been financial issues holding it back (a 8+ year delay and a sale of the concept by the original players is proof of this)? That there have been design issues (it has been redesigned more than once, and eight years to design an apartment building is not the realm of reasonable)?

I am sure they have sunk a lot of money into this project. And I am sure every day, we are one day closer to sales.

But this has obviously not been easy financially or design wise. Otherwise it would have been completed by now.
'Delays' doesn't seem the right word to describe the situation in the first 8 years. You apply that word when there's a chance that something's going forward, but there was never a chance this was going to be built without partners. I suppose I was waiting to hear whom Projectcore and Mirvish would partner with (didn't expect it to be an outright sale), but during those initial years, it wasn't so much delays as it was Projectcore and Mirvish simply not being viable as developers of such a massive undertaking. Now that there's serious money and experienced developers in ownership here, this has a chance of being built, but until they see it as viable, sales won't start.

'Delays' doesn't seem the right word to describe the situation in the first 8 years. You apply that word when there's a chance that something's going forward, but there was never a chance this was going to be built without partners. I suppose I was waiting to hear whom Projectcore and Mirvish would partner with (didn't expect it to be an outright sale), but during those initial years, it wasn't so much delays as it was Projectcore and Mirvish simply not being viable as developers of such a massive undertaking. Now that there's serious money and experienced developers in ownership here, this has a chance of being built, but until they see it as viable, sales won't start.

...now here's more of an expert though. <3

Well...that's something I guess?
More than something. This project is happening and it's happening now, and it means all the naysayers who continued to insist this would never get built are in fact wrong.

It could be several hundred more pages before there are even shovels in the ground but Toronto is going to get its icon, and it will be sooner rather than later.

More than something. This project is happening and it's happening now, and it means all the naysayers who continued to insist this would never get built are in fact wrong.

It could be several hundred more pages before there are even shovels in the ground but Toronto is going to get its icon, and it will be sooner rather than later.
The word I am looking for is tangible. While I get that this project has been on the works for those who are dedicated to making this happen. However, for us on the outside who waited seemingly ages and a dog's life for this, a sales office is one of those things - next to demolition experts arriving on the scene - that shite is getting real for this project. Thusly, tangible. I hope that makes sense.

The word I am looking for is tangible. While I get that this project has been on the works for those who are dedicated to making this happen. However, for us on the outside who waited seemingly ages and a dog's life for this, a sales office is one of those things - next to demolition experts arriving on the scene - that shite is getting real for this project. Thusly, tangible. I hope that makes sense.
That's literally exactly what I was saying lol.

It will probably take another 8-10 years before it's fully completed, so maybe by 2028 or 2030. I doubt Frank Gehry will be alive to see it fully realized. He is 92.

It will probably take another 8-10 years before it's fully completed, so maybe by 2028 or 2030. I doubt Frank Gehry will be alive to see it fully realized. He is 92.

If the sales office is going up, I don't think it will take that long. I would think with the sales office going up, shovels in the ground would only be a few years away, then maybe like 3 years to build it. I would think closer to 5 years, but I'm just guessing.

Last edited:
Here's the landing page on Great Gulf's website. No new info here, but the project is referred to by them as 'Gehry Condos' : https://www.greatgulf.com/highrise/community/gehry-condos

"Gehry is a visionary statement that will define the Toronto skyline: This is where modern luxury meets smart design to provide a mindful and curated experience for both residents and visitors."

I would presume a Spring/Summer 2022 launch if the sales centre is being constructed now.

Back