As I frequent this LCBO fairly regularly, and based on the numbers of patrons it looks like it is an excellent location for a store. I'm sure they would stick around and easily settle for a long-term lease in the new building.

The tragedy for the locals would be the two-plus year wait for its return.

As I frequent this LCBO fairly regularly, and based on the numbers of patrons it looks like it is an excellent location for a store. I'm sure they would stick around and easily settle for a long-term lease in the new building.

The tragedy for the locals would be the two-plus year wait for its return.

Is there/will there be enough retail space on the ground floor of M5V condo for a move there?

I recall reading/hearing that the owner of the site where the LCBO sits also owns the property to the south where the Winners is. Now that the Winners will soon be vacating this location to move to the Portland/Queen development, they can consolidate both lots to build this new development.

Not another facadectomy! I propose that the new building be built hovering on stilts above the LCBO building, a la OCAD or the proposed Queen Richmond Centre West.

I recall reading/hearing that the owner of the site where the LCBO sits also owns the property to the south where the Winners is. Now that the Winners will soon be vacating this location to move to the Portland/Queen development, they can consolidate both lots to build this new development.

As with Gristle (Post 339 in this thread), I was also at the community meeting where redevelopment of the south-east corner of King and Spadina was being presented. It was very clearly stated by the developer's proponants that the site containing the LCBO through to the west side of building containing the Venice Fitness facility, were owned by one party, while the property to the south, containing the Winners building, was under different ownership.

AHK

They had better.

Coming from Europe where i have worked for the past 4 months and where booze is sold at any hour and everywhere from a supermarket to a bar or gas station...i just cant believe how this government controled LCBO/The Beer Store is so important in peoples lives here.:confused::rolleyes:

It's very important. What if I were to make a molotov cocktail while purchasing a bottle of wine at my local gas station? What if on my way to October Convenience at Keele and Bloor one Saturday evening I ran into an old lady going to the Catholic church and she'd be frightened at the thought of me sitting in High Park enjoying a glass of wine? What if the convenience store at the base of my building became a booze can?

From http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentApplications/searchPlanningApp.do

OPA / Rezoning 10 197695 STE 20 OZ 401-409 KING ST W Jun 16, 2010 --- --- Ward-20
South-District --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
Standard rezoning application for construction of new mixed use building containing commercial on ground and second floor with residential above - 442 residnetial suites - 311 Parking spaces below grade - 5 levels below grade parking - 39 storey building. Lands are 401-415 King West Inclusive

401 King West is the Shoeless Joe's site--415 King West is the LCBO site.

I'm really confused now ... this LCBO just opened not too long ago ... now there are plans for its redevelopment ???

Short-lived LCBO? 39-storey condominium with 442 units planned for 401-415 King St W at the corner of Spadina Avenue. Commercial at grade.
7:57 AM Jun 22nd via web
http://twitter.com/urbanation

From today
20101211188.jpg

Back