Re: Yorkville construction

Great news indeed. How could someone even contemplate the notion that this project is going to 'ruin' Yorkville is beyond me.

Have a feeling this one will be a quick start. Maybe 6 months in pre-excavation sales.

...ironically they've already spent more than six months building the sales centre and it's still not even remotely close to being finished. I hope your prediction is right though.

It would probably suit Shangri-La to sit on things for a while, and let the 4 Seasons sell for say half-a-year, instead of trying to compete head-to-head with the home team.

Can't figure out the sales center either. No idea why it's taking so long. Maybe they don't plan to launch until the spring so they are in no rush. They have some framing up inside but no drywall or finishes. They put up that covering a few weeks ago to work on one wall of the exterior but no signs of them completing the other walls.

On a somewhat related note - Lotus is nearing ground level. Regency has essentially topped out.

JG

There is a billboard with a large rendering of the taller tower on the site now along Bay. This is one of the buildings I am very excited about.

Four Seasons Bill Board

Here it is ..... :eek:

fourseasons.jpg

Re: Four Seasons Bill Board

Seriously....what the heck is that?

Compare to:
Four_Seasons.jpg

IMO it's too early to say anything about this project based upon this one low grade picture.

WTF happened to the design????? how can the city allow such a change to happen.

I think it's the same design, rotated 90 degrees, and rendered a little less... exuberantly.

The design looks almost the same...except the crown is much shorter and the windows don't have the same pattern. Can't say I'm surprised....the Four Seasons isn't known for their architecturally stunning hotels...or are they?

Wtf??? That sucks if its going to look like that.

Judging from the pics it seems they have dumbed down the design quite a bit. It looks more like your typical run of the mill condo now.

Where is our Design Review Panel? Miller needs to get this promise in gear. Looks like a major mistake may be unfolding here...

apprehensive 42

Back