They bought the building a few years back. They then bought the Four Seasons Hotel company (along with Bill Gates and others) so they own both.

They bought Bill Gates too? <joke>

Here's the link to the CityNews piece from tonight. It's a much bigger production number moving the sales centre than I thought

http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_18835.aspx

Forgive me for not looking through the previous pages. Does anybody know what will become of the old four seasons hotel?

Originally Four Seasons claimed that they would operate both hotels.

Now Citytv's bit says that the Yorkville Avenue location will close when the Bay Street location opens...

but I don't consider Citytv's bit definitive: maybe some more reliable source will appear in the next while.

We're also talking about something that could still be 4 years away, so plans can still change...

These are just rumors right now but I've heard from a source that W hotels has bought the old four seasons at Yorkville and Avenue Rd. We'll find out soon enough, but I think until the new site is constructed and operational Four Seasons will still own and operate the old property.

Finally a new W rumour! We've been waiting a year for a new one, I'm sure!

Thank you Bentley!

Sounds plausible to me. Let's spread it like butter.

These are just rumors right now but I've heard from a source that W hotels has bought the old four seasons at Yorkville and Avenue Rd. We'll find out soon enough, but I think until the new site is constructed and operational Four Seasons will still own and operate the old property.

Scoop! hope it's true....

You really think the guy who owns the Four Seasons would sell the current location to a competitor? I'd think they'd go the condo route before doing that.

Originally Four Seasons claimed that they would operate both hotels.

Now Citytv's bit says that the Yorkville Avenue location will close when the Bay Street location opens...

but I don't consider Citytv's bit definitive: maybe some more reliable source will appear in the next while.

We're also talking about something that could still be 4 years away, so plans can still change...

This morning on Breakfast Television Kevin Frankish also did a piece on the Four Seasons sales office being moved. While doing the voice over using most of the same footage shown last night he repeated all of the same information about the move except "a 20 storey hotel and 36 storey condo is being built on the site"

You really think the guy who owns the Four Seasons would sell the current location to a competitor?

It be a little weird considering however hotels are rebranded all the time without a change in ownership

don't forget that the Hilton and Westin switched buildings a few years back, it used to be the Harbour Castle Hilton and what is currently the downtown Hilton used to be the Westin, so anything is possible.

The physical building of the hotel is usually owned by seperate entities from the company who manages them. Many hotels do not change ownership so much as different management contracts are signed for different buildings (eg. I believe the Sheraton downtown is owned by some Japanese investors and Sheraton simply has a contact to run the hotel).

Forgive me for not looking through the previous pages. Does anybody know what will become of the old four seasons hotel?

A local Toronto developer has purchased it. Plans for it are not yet disclosed.

Back