Heh - great minds think alike - I was actually pencilling in a trip to Campbell Park in a few days once the guideway was laid a little further along to take the "after" picture to compare to these renders. I have suspected that the result is closer to a than b.

If the result isn't as dystopian as the lower shot, it's mainly because the Junction residents were well organized, extremely vocal, and utterly persistent in challenging Metrolinx' natural tendencies. And frankly, they aren't out of the woods yet, because the post-project remediation will be conveniently forgotten unless they keep the pressure on.

Never downplay the desirability and importance of citizen activism. Something better has come out of all that noise, even if some of the demands were unrealistic or excessive.

- Paul
Wow, they were right. Campbell Park will never be the same...

1F40D5E8-7BDC-4A46-94F5-12A650DF3DFC.jpeg

Jack is making good use of @ProjectEnd 's photos of this project over at BlogTo:

Sure hope he given BlogTo permission, as BlogTO is famous for using photos without permission of the person who shot it in the first place. It has happen to me twice where one ended up on the front page of National Post.

If he hasn't given permission nor received funds, he better send a bill to BlogTO for $1,000 for the use of his photo illegally.

Sure hope he given BlogTo permission, as BlogTO is famous for using photos without permission of the person who shot it in the first place. It has happen to me twice where one ended up on the front page of National Post.

If he hasn't given permission nor received funds, he better send a bill to BlogTO for $1,000 for the use of his photo illegally.

They embedded his tweets with the photos in them rather than directly using the photos themselves, so he was visible as the tweet/photo source. I still hope that they would ask for permission to embed the tweets, but I don't know offhand if any news outlet does that.

They embedded his tweets with the photos in them rather than directly using the photos themselves, so he was visible as the tweet/photo source. I still hope that they would ask for permission to embed the tweets, but I don't know offhand if any news outlet does that.
I’m actually impressed by the journalist quality of this article. They actually did their research.

And that's saying a lot about BlogTO

Last edited:
UPDATE... I'm somehow unbanned from the site after two years, but still banned from their Twitter. Maybe Moses parted the Red Sea again to let me back on.
Sounds like they stole your photos and then banned you hoping you wouldn’t see your stolen photos on their site.

BlogTO cleared the use of my pictures with me. I'm certainly not a huge fan of their content, but this was a story about infrastructure, not a Cotton-Candy-Toilet-Desert-'Experience' or some shit, so I was happy to help. If we here can get regular folks interested in and excited about architecture and infrastructure, it'll have all been a success.

In any case, we've got another two in and the next one is visible down at the Wallace end:
6.JPG

BlogTO cleared the use of my pictures with me. I'm certainly not a huge fan of their content, but this was a story about infrastructure, not a Cotton-Candy-Toilet-Desert-'Experience' or some shit, so I was happy to help. If we here can get regular folks interested in and excited about architecture and infrastructure, it'll have all been a success.

In any case, we've got another two in and the next one is visible down at the Wallace end:
View attachment 416316
I cannot wait to see what riding along this in the top floor of a bilevel is like.

Back