So a property owner, perhaps one not directly victimized by graffiti, gets to pay for both the presence and absence of law enforcement.
No, that is the current model. People who have their property vandalized, littered on, or dumped on need to clean up their own property even though they weren't responsible with no assistance from the government and because no police are doing anything to catch people nobody is caught to pay for it.

Not policing and not sharing the burdens evenly is basically putting all the burdens on victims.

Last edited:
Wow, I remember the night these beams went in!
IMG_4893.jpeg
IMG_4894.jpeg
IMG_4892.jpeg

Wow, I remember the night these beams went in!

LOL PE, you make it sound like it was decades ago and you're recalling a childhood memory!

I'm always impressed by your memory actually, but more for holding stuff; than long predates you or your adult self, and you remembering it as if you had been there.

And is there any news about the Lansdowne GO station?
Oh, I asked the councillor's office about it and got this response on May 10:
The City is currently still awaiting the provincial government's decision on whether they will provide the additional funding requested by the City. Our City staff have promised further updates as soon as more information is available, however, this is all we know at this point in time.

I assume this means that the window to award the contract has passed and this will have to be re-tendered if and when the city gets funding.

There's been a push from local residents to make the Antler-Lappin connection happen. Petition:

And even BlarghTO wrote about it:

Councillor Alejandra Bravo posted a statement about it just now:

There's been a push from local residents to make the Antler-Lappin connection happen. Petition:

And even BlarghTO wrote about it:

Councillor Alejandra Bravo posted a statement about it just now:
I did a little sleuthing for this. The parcel fabric suggests the parking lot is a parcel addressed as 90 Ward Street, separate from 80 Ward Street, where the two-storey non-residential building stands.

A decade-old report on the city's website reveals it was purchased by the City in 1953 for a watermain, and then authorized for sale in 2012 for $145,000. A listing of property classifications for small business tax suggests 80 and 90 Ward Street are grouped together as of March 2022.

So it seems like the owners of the adjacent building may still own it, and has not given the lot up for sale.

Yeah. It's super unfortunate that the City sold it off for parking, especially since the Davenport Diamond project was already in the works.

Thanks for digging up those details. I knew the general idea that the City sold it off, but not those specifics.

Back