Mar 1 2017.
Tower crane base is installed, however it seems the crew has run into another issue...

upload_2017-3-1_15-38-40.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-3-1_15-38-40.png
    upload_2017-3-1_15-38-40.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 291
Late yesterday evening, workers were removing part of that brick wall on the southeast corner of the site - around 9PM. Why they decided that now would be a good time to do so, I don't know.

Again, this seems like the sketchiest project I've seen lately - everything from questionable tenant removal practices, to shoddy and rushed demolition, to excavation problems, and now this.

Late yesterday evening, workers were removing part of that brick wall on the southeast corner of the site - around 9PM. Why they decided that now would be a good time to do so, I don't know.

My guess is that they were forced to remove/scale it down from a health and safety perspective. Given the close proximity to the edge of the shoring, there could be a chance of it falling into the pit if something came loose.

It's funny looking at photos of the city from above, you can really see that the east end hasn't gone up nearly as much as the west. I guess that's changing now, hopefully it leads to some nice architecture.

It's funny looking at photos of the city from above, you can really see that the east end hasn't gone up nearly as much as the west.

That might be to the east end's advantage. Design has taken a big uptick the last few years. Too late to save many areas in the west of Yonge.

The yellow one is helping assemble the red and white tower crane

Back