It probably fell through due to financing- 33 Developments seemed like a pretty small developer and this was their first mult-unit Toronto project.

However, I'm pretty sure that the site will be purchased by another developer, and we'll get a fairly similar building since the site's already gone through approval.
At the end October 2019 they still hadn't received SPA. That's a pathetic performance by the city if you ask me, 4 years and still no approval for a 16 unit building.

At the end October 2019 they still hadn't received SPA. That's a pathetic performance by the city if you ask me, 4 years and still no approval for a 16 unit building.
Were you a unit purchaser @TSCMS? And if so, was the information sent to you in a letter by the developer?

City Planning keeps wondering why developers don't build the midrises they seek built on the Avenues.

City Planners should learn how to underwrite a project.
Couldn't agree more. Unfortunately this site got caught up in the relief line debate and since they didn't make a decision until late 2018, the costs were getting out of hand. They should have never accepted a site plan application for that location knowing that they hadn't made a decision yet instead of a stringing the builder along, the buyers and the neighbourhood. This was a project that everybody wanted to see come to fruition including the builders but when you're going into the project with a slim 5% gross profit margin nobody's going to finance it. Tory can complain all he wants about greedy developers and building affordable housing but he should be careful as those greedy builders are the ones filling the coffers with all the fees associated to it.

Looks like this is being relaunched as "The Grove Condos" by the Presidential Group and Groupe Tyfoon.

6 storeys and 28 units

grove.JPG

Looks to me like they'll have to start the ZBA process again for this, unless I'm missing something?

More on the mediocre side, but reasonable enough so I'd take it if they're able to sell and build it to complete the corner of that streetscape.

This is unfortunate. I was very much looking forward to witnessing the realization of the previous scheme.

Taken — 04/27/2021. The Grove signage now up on the existing building on site.

IMG_1502.jpg

Last edited:

Back