New renderings are updated in the database! There are many changes added to the overall project information. The overall building story count remains the same at 35,l 30 and 11-storeys. The total building heights changed from 111.25m, 92.85m, and 39.05m to 113.95m, 94.55m, and 40.65m. The total unit count increased from 741 units to 764 units. Lastly, the total parking spaces changed from 920 parking spaces to 929 parking spaces.

The renderings are taken from the architectural plan via Rezoning submissions:

PLN - Architectural Plans - APR 6  2022-1.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - APR 6  2022-783.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - APR 6  2022-787.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - APR 6  2022-795.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - APR 6  2022-791.jpg

As per this Member Motion before Council today, it appears an application for a building permit will be forthcoming shortly:

View attachment 454678
Could you elaborate on what is left before this development actually breaks ground? I live right next to the development and have been eagerly waiting for it to start for years now. I am extremely uninformed about the development process but my instinct is to ask what more can stand in the way of this project after 7 years or pre-construction?

Could you elaborate on what is left before this development actually breaks ground? I live right next to the development and have been eagerly waiting for it to start for years now. I am extremely uninformed about the development process but my instinct is to ask what more can stand in the way of this project after 7 years or pre-construction?

There are no significant barriers of which I am aware.

Permits must be obtained.

They have not yet been applied for; but the Member Motion noted suggested they would be in 'early 2023'; I would expect that to be fairly imminent.

There is typically a time lag of 2-4 months in obtaining the first permit, but it sometimes goes much longer as Toronto Buildings reviews the state of the drawings and their compliance with the approved zoning, fire code and building code.

Some permits drag on for a very long time. But all other things being equal, I think a fall construction start might be a fair guess.

I stand corrected, there was one remaining barrier, there was an 'H' or holding by-law attached to the approval of this complex originally. This was to ascertain if there was sufficient capacity in water and sewer to service the new development.

A report having been submitted to ECS (Engineering and Construction Services) saying that there is sufficient capacity, and having been accepted by the same group, a report recommending lifting the 'H' is headed to the next meeting of TEYCC:

Back