I don't know what to make of this building. Compared to East FiftyFive nearby, with its invisible spandrel panels and other detailing, this is like a poor first-cousin. Seen in isolation though it's not terrible but it's not great either. Kind of overbearing, like Great Gulf's trying to cash in on every speck of buildable space. Dunno...

I don't know what to make of this building. Compared to East FiftyFive nearby, with its invisible spandrel panels and other detailing, this is like a poor first-cousin. Seen in isolation though it's not terrible but it's not great either. Kind of overbearing, like Great Gulf's trying to cash in on every speck of buildable space. Dunno...

Likewise. I'm optimistic about the base though.

Any more insight into the retail tenants? The advertisements hint at a grocery store but often times if the lease is actually secured they advertise more specifically which makes me think nothing has been locked in.......

Thoughts?

Any more insight into the retail tenants? The advertisements hint at a grocery store but often times if the lease is actually secured they advertise more specifically which makes me think nothing has been locked in.......

Thoughts?
I think they're widening the net on tenants... Seem to be marketing 2nd floor space as potential for office now:
48 Power St. Brochure office Feb 2021.pdf
Would personally much prefer a grocery store. Seems much more needed given proximity to Corktown and RP.
Who knows someone at Farm Boy? Get them on that.

^Isn't there already a grocery store planned here? (or another project nearby)
There is a potential plan for one here. And Queen and Parliament. And Shuter and River.. And one coming shortly to Corktown.
But my point is GG/FG/Hullmark have pivoted their strategy as of last month to market the GROCERY floorplate as a potential office space (likely because they haven't been able to find Grocery tenant...)

I might be kind of disappointed if I bought here thinking "Grocery Store in the building!!" and the space ended up being office...
+ The neighbourhood needs it - that's all I'm highlighting with my previous post.

But there's still time before Q4 2021 occupancy , so keeping my fingers crossed.

There is a potential plan for one here. And Queen and Parliament. And Shuter and River.. And one coming shortly to Corktown.
But my point is GG/FG/Hullmark have pivoted their strategy as of last month to market the GROCERY floorplate as a potential office space (likely because they haven't been able to find Grocery tenant...)

I might be kind of disappointed if I bought here thinking "Grocery Store in the building!!" and the space ended up being office...
+ The neighbourhood needs it - that's all I'm highlighting with my previous post.

But there's still time before Q4 2021 occupancy , so keeping my fingers crossed.
My thoughts...... I live in the area and was very excited to see a potential grocery store at this location!.....

Today

F8184FF7-E1AC-4ABE-AAA4-A6160A65959E.jpeg

9ADB15E3-D3B7-4AC3-9999-E52CA8BE332B.jpeg

Across the street from this site at 134 Parliament, the Forli Motors car lot site has sold (might include neighbouring properties). Sold to Lamb Development. Big, but not surprising news for anyone who will be facing west from Home on Power.

Back