LlBskrr.jpg

cXWRmgA.jpg

Really not bad, especially given the nightmare-team of Tridel and Kirkor. I really wish 300 Front had this kind of treatment, given how prominent a location it has.

I like it. (Maybe I've been a bit brainwashed as I see this view every morning...)

Pics from just a moment ago.

8721808806_0fee05620d_b.jpg

8721809846_23ed4732fa_b.jpg

I can update more often as I'm sure that not many will venture out SE of the building.

Why would anyone design a roof deck as thick as a transfer slab? Can Tridelwebmaster or someone from Kirkor explain why it was done this way?

maybe they are trying to isolate the mech room more to muffle sound/vibrations better. just a random guess.

maybe they are trying to isolate the mech room more to muffle sound/vibrations better. just a random guess.

That area behind the concrete band will house the mechanical equipment and the band itself will be clad with curtain wall, based on the renderings.

That curved mirrored wall reminds me of a cross btw/Hydro at Uni + College and that old enigmatic office building that used to be at Lakeshore + Park Lawn...

this is honestly one of my favourite buildings going up right now. (along with the likes of Ice and L Tower) I honestly can't believe I am saying this about a building being built by Tridel and designed by Kirkor.

Yep they got it right for the most part in terms of materials. The use of black spandrel and mullions really helped to hide the amount of spandrel being used and blends nicely with the curtain wall on the podium and north tower office portion. I even like the subtle splash of blue running vertically in the center of the tower. This is the opposite of 300 Front, a design that seems to celebrate spandrel!:p

I like the density, and the height. I also like the entire idea of this development. However I'm not a fan of the design at all. I think the entire building looks messy.

Back