GRAND.CENTRAL. are just action words, meant to describe the importance of the site.

There is a billboard on site now too.

200,000sq ft office space is slightly disappointing for a site at one of the city's most prominent intersections. It's better than nothing I guess, and the project as a whole looks like a solid contribution to the area.

Nestle across the street is 21f/360,000sq ft. At about 18,000sq ft/floor, the office space at Hullmark is equivalent to a 10-12 storey Nestle, which has a smaller floorplate than most suburban office buildings.

Still decent, but I'd eventually like to see a new office building with comparable scale to Nestle built in that vicinity.

The intersection was more fun way back when
yongefinchSE.jpg

Possibly a tongue-in-cheek comment.

That, or adma really loved those donuts.

200,000sq ft office space is slightly disappointing for a site at one of the city's most prominent intersections.

I agree... if the city was smart they would be pushing office space up here, instead allowing more million+ sq. ft. towers being built downtown. Bay-Adelaide should've been Yonge-Sheppard or Yonge-Finch... Any guesses how many office jobs do the new developments will provide?

I agree... if the city was smart they would be pushing office space up here, instead allowing more million+ sq. ft. towers being built downtown. Bay-Adelaide should've been Yonge-Sheppard or Yonge-Finch... Any guesses how many office jobs do the new developments will provide?

But there isn't that much demand for office space in NYCC. The city tried in the 70s and 80s to "push" office development to the suburban centres, but even with that existing development there isn't any demand for new buildings.

Can someone explain the reason behind that to me?

As far as I'm aware ... someone please correct me if I'm wrong ... most of the office space at NYCC (So I mean right on Yonge) is leased i.e. there is very little in the way of unused office space ... even in the new office building they up 5 years ago or so.

Clearly there is demand for office space, take downtown or Hi-way 7 as examples. Why would this not be prime office space - it's not downtown but still has subway access and parking can't be too bad there.

there is way to much congestion and much cheaper places in the 905 are very close by.

I work near Hi-way 7 and Warden I could sware that Hi-way 7 around the 404 is even worse in terms of traffic at times!

I live at NYCC and the traffic isn't that bad! I think if the city would just push the area a little bit more it would be very very attractive ... what is the price diffence in this area say compared to the 905 (Around Hi-way 7 and the 404 or on the west side) is the rent that much higher?

Back