Since there's a number of locals here and we've discussed the importance of the proposed North York Service Ring Roads and part of the deal for the Tridel HullmarkCentre was to give up some of its southern land to the city for the extension of Anndale Drive westward to Yonge Street,... and this along with Doris, Bonnington, Tradewind and Avondale would form the to south eastern part of the North York Service Ring Road,...

The city's proposal for the east side service ring road extending Doris south of Sheppard Avenue East is now in jeopardy. The city needs all the houses on the west side of Bonnington Place but Minto (developer) who owns 14 to 24 Bonnington Place want to build at south-west corner of Sheppard & Bonnington.
http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2013/ny/bgrd/backgroundfile-57969.pdf

Community meeting on this development,...
Monday September 16, 2013 7pm to 9pm
North York Civic Centre 5100 Yonge Street
Council chambers - lower level

Even the local condo associations are against this development because it'll prevent completion of the city's proposed North York Service Ring Road that would have improved traffic congestion in the area.

Sunnyray, you've already posted notice of that public meeting in the appropriate thread. Do not spam posts across multiple threads; it's not allowed.

I am surprised by this one. It is looking much better than I expected. Hey, maybe there is some hope for downtown North York after all. The colour of the glass is nice too. I hope the retail is well done and interesting.

I wonder if the reflective nature of the glass and the proximity to the West Don Valley will be an issue for birds? Either way this thing is looking pretty damn amazing in MafaldaBoy's shots!

Probably the best looking Tridel project ever.

Not just the best looking Tridel Project, I'd actually argue it might just be the best all-around project in the city/most well received. L tower being the other contender for that title (although me personally think L tower could have had slightly better execution)
To sum, Hullmark is a well designed project combined with great execution. A rare feat for any Toronto development.

This may be an over simplistic rant on my part, but North York gets this, and we get 300 Front?! I can't help feeling short-changed!

I wonder if the reflective nature of the glass and the proximity to the West Don Valley will be an issue for birds? Either way this thing is looking pretty damn amazing in MafaldaBoy's shots!

The Nestle building on the other side of Yonge also has very reflective (lighter) blue glass as well,... and it does have a bit of issue with birds,... but I think those birds must have bird brains!,... because they should be more freaked out by the large turkey vultures and falcons that lives on the rooftop of that building and can often be seen circling it!

I haven`t noticed a serious bird crash issue at Tridel HullmarkCentre,.... yet,....

The office complex at the west side if Yonge at WilliamCarson (between 401 & Wilson-YorkMills) right in the valley is a magnet for bird crashes.

Last edited:

Back