I'm still in complete denial that it is Tridel!
Why can't they produce buildings of a similar quality downtown??

Yup. I've said this before but a development looking as good as Hullmark should have have been built where Maple Leaf Square is. This development done right. With a fantastic design, superbly planned out podium, amazing curtain wall, and not going for the typical 'twin tower' approach.

Anyone have any insight as to when Whole Foods will move in? And whether any other retail will be joining?

Anyone have any insight as to when Whole Foods will move in? And whether any other retail will be joining?

Royal Bank & Rexall join WFM

11941558395_ae97171516_b.jpg

11942000784_ce8100b907_b.jpg

Looks absolutely stunning in Salsa's pics ^. Off the top of my head, best looking project of 2013. Beats L tower imo, just because L tower didn't turn out as well as it could have.

Fuzzy pics from afar taken today:

12075219955_63dccf4cdd_c.jpg

12075885766_792b422617_c.jpg

Looks like Whole Foods is scheduled for Fall 2014. Not sure about any other retail, but this building looks great. Very impressive. Last time I walked by some folks were moving into 2 Anndale (south tower), which is now open for residency, and I was feeling a bit jealous. :)

It was supposed to be open Fall 2013. Now a year behind schedule. The Metro in Bazis Emerald Park might even open before Whole Foods Market in Tridel Hullmark Centre. Ditto for the Longo's.

Even south tower TTC entrance supposed to be opened in October 2013, then rescheduled for December,... and still not open. The TTC entrance look finished.

I think it has just as much to do with 'can't believe this is Kirkor' - especially given their shlocky excuse for architecture, at the NY Towers development down the way. It's a surprise in all respects.

p5

Query: Is the taller tower to be 45 storeys, as in the header to this thread, or 49, as in the database entry? Thanks in advance.

Query: Is the taller tower to be 45 storeys, as in the header to this thread, or 49, as in the database entry? Thanks in advance.

49 was likely what developer asked for (either in beginning or partway through negotiation with city) and got chopped.

Header says 44 storey which is wrong. Admin should correct this. The North Tower will be 45 storey (12 storey office with 33 storey condo on top - the city had to really fight to get the 12 storey of offices)

It was supposed to be open Fall 2013. Now a year behind schedule. The Metro in Bazis Emerald Park might even open before Whole Foods Market in Tridel Hullmark Centre. Ditto for the Longo's.

We're getting a Longo's?

The TTC entrance look finished.

Yeah, wouldn't be surprised to see it open soon. Things were humming along for quite a while but now things seem a bit slow. Not sure why, maybe it's just me.

I too think this is very over-rated. The south side of the residential tower on Yonge is particularly bad. The grey metal balconies look as bad as they do on their World on Yonge project north of Steeles.

Back