http://www.insidetoronto.com/commun...-to-break-ground-on-new-humber-river-hospital

Shovels ready to break ground on new Humber River hospital

LISA QUEEN|Nov 30, 2011 - 7:30 AM

After years in the planning stages, shovels will break ground on the new Humber River Regional Hospital at a ceremony Friday, Dec. 2.

"It's going to be amazing. The first fully digital hospital in North America. I don't know if people realize that. It's going to be impressive.â?¨The hospital at Hwy. 401 and Keele Street will be so high-tech, the robots will have their own elevators, Power said.

Construction of the 656-bed hospital, which will sit on 11 hectares (28 acres), is expected to be completed in 2015. It will be staffed by 4,500 doctors, health care and support workers and volunteers.

c821b0cd49428fd7a70c784.jpg

8edf25764bcb8cd10ef7003.jpg

Uuuhhh...this hospital has been under construction for some time. In fact, it even looks like its been topped off at this point. I don't understand the article or the dates referred to.

Looking at the hole in the ground, this project is truly huge. There's a second crane going up today. Sorry I don't have any pictures.

From M____J1 ' s link...........I did some perousing........

Here is the construction timeline..........note there will be 7 Cranes on-site at one time, at one point.

March 2012
50% Design Development Complete.

April 2012 - First concrete pours.
Excavation complete.
Two cranes on site.

June 2012 - Steel work begins.
Five cranes on site.
East parkade foundation poured.

July 2012
Seven cranes on site.
Foundation and structural slabs poured.
100% Design Development Completed.

August - December 2012
Concrete and steel work continues.
50% construction documents completed.

January 2013
Tower and podium envelope.
Interior finishing in East Parkade.

April 2013
100% construction documents completed.

May 11, 2015
Substantial Completion.

Fall 2015
The new HRRH opens its doors!!!

http://www.hrrh.ca/uploads/Redevelopment/PDF/Construction Timeline Overview.pdf

I was also wondering what this was. I was amazed that there was such a huge project that has such little attention on these boards! it has 8 cranes on site, and nobody even knows about it..

Back