Push box pics:

FB46547B-9A45-4083-8D90-1D4049415026.jpeg
D63E3B50-5147-48A1-89BC-9ABC6F7374FC.jpeg
7A34ECE1-31EC-4FFC-8D73-2F0A2C5D9692.jpeg
8F5C3700-4A9D-46C7-9CB9-A9C8812B8321.jpeg
7E2C050D-D02F-4B0A-B434-315ECF19D1F4.jpeg

Has there ever been a proposal for some sort of RT on Dixie? It feels like it should be the next thing to consider if we continue the expansion of RT projects in the Peel region. Going between Dixie Outlet Mall and Bramalea Bus Terminal would most likely be the preferred route with possibly a natural southern extension to Long Branch for that Lakeshore connection. Unlike Hurontario in some areas, Dixie feels like its consistently live with mixed development throughout its route. It could be a 'relief line' to Hurontario and if the Main LRT extension happens, then that would highly benefit Brampton having both routes connect to the Queen BRT and open up a real opportunity to be a transit region.

Has there ever been a proposal for some sort of RT on Dixie? It feels like it should be the next thing to consider if we continue the expansion of RT projects in the Peel region. Going between Dixie Outlet Mall and Bramalea Bus Terminal would most likely be the preferred route with possibly a natural southern extension to Long Branch for that Lakeshore connection. Unlike Hurontario in some areas, Dixie feels like its consistently live with mixed development throughout its route. It could be a 'relief line' to Hurontario and if the Main LRT extension happens, then that would highly benefit Brampton having both routes connect to the Queen BRT and open up a real opportunity to be a transit region.
I’d vote mavis. The city centre could be between two highway exits. But I don’t understand why if brt is so cheap we can’t have it more or less every major street in the suburbs

Dixie is more industrial riders than residential from the Lakeshore to Brampton Queen. The best you would see is an BRT once you get service down to 5 minutes. The 185 has a hard time doing 15 minutes before COVID.

You got 2 golf courses by Dixie Plaza, Even once the plaza is redevelop. Not going to gain a lot of transit riders from the plaza redevelopment.

Mavis is a lot better for RT than Dixie, Erin Mills and Winston Churchill.

Hurontario is the best N-S road for LRT.

Dixie is more industrial riders than residential from the Lakeshore to Brampton Queen. The best you would see is an BRT once you get service down to 5 minutes. The 185 has a hard time doing 15 minutes before COVID.

You got 2 golf courses by Dixie Plaza, Even once the plaza is redevelop. Not going to gain a lot of transit riders from the plaza redevelopment.

Mavis is a lot better for RT than Dixie, Erin Mills and Winston Churchill.

Hurontario is the best N-S road for LRT.
Don't forget all the "infill" development that could replace all the parking lots. As long as the development is multi-story and multi-use.

Don't forget all the "infill" development that could replace all the parking lots. As long as the development is multi-story and multi-use.
But there’s a ton of infill development potential down mavis all the way to dundas as well. If it was me I would envision building up Mississauga primarily along Hurontario (especially around sq1, cooksville, port credit), secondary along mavis to bookend the downtown east and west, and then thirdly down to erindale go station (specifically between central parkway and burnamthorpe)

Seems odd to me that there is no connection of the Milton line to the 403 transitway. Hopefully something that can be fixed when the lines is eventually electrified.

Seems odd to me that there is no connection of the Milton line to the 403 transitway. Hopefully something that can be fixed when the lines is eventually electrified.
How far is it to the transitway from Erindale/Streetsville GO Stations???

There is not much infill for residential on Dixie as it is an employment corridor.

You have the malls at Dundas that can become density residential as well up at Burnhamthorpe only.

Last edited:
How far is it to the transitway from Erindale/Streetsville GO Stations???

There is not much infill for residential on Dixie as it is an employment corridor.

You have the malls at Dundas that can become density residential as well up at Burnhamthorpe only.
It's about a km. That's a bit ridiculous for a transfer connection.

Isn't the transitway discontinuous between Erin Mills and City Center? I know they're planning on eventually building a connector between the two halves, however we have very little info about how that would get built (likely as a City Center Tunnel), and in that case they could easily run the missing part south of the 403, and at that point you'll have a station that's 300m north of the northern end of the platform. Certainly not a great transfer by any means, but also not the end of the world.

Never been on ML radar as it tooo close to each other.

If you did hopscotch for various stations, service and shorter train, a station would work to a point, but what point? Not worth it.

Back